GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dr Color Chip

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Bumping.

Anyone use this and then put PPF on? I know, you're probably thinking I'm an idiot -- but I didn't learn about pre-cut kits until later in life. I want to ColorChip the little nick on my hood, then PPF it.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Bumping.

Anyone use this and then put PPF on? I know, you're probably thinking I'm an idiot -- but I didn't learn about pre-cut kits until later in life. I want to ColorChip the little nick on my hood, then PPF it.
My car has 2 chips on the hood that the detailer touched up before he ppf it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I just bought a 996 and just got my Dr Colorchip yesterday.

I will update with pics in the next few weeks when I get around to applying it.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I ordered it last night. Promising reviews out there, and then there's the reviews of people bashing it but I am sure it's because they blobbed it on and wiped it off before it dried since they're saying the paint came off lol.

i'm sure it will work out great.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Downloaded the pics of my 335i.

In my experience darker colors do better.

Before:

After:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I ordered it last night. Promising reviews out there, and then there's the reviews of people bashing it but I am sure it's because they blobbed it on and wiped it off before it dried since they're saying the paint came off lol.

i'm sure it will work out great.

Ignore the folks that are bashing it.

I can’t see how anyone could have a beef with this product.

If applied correctly you really have to look for the repairs up close on most of the rock chips.

My $.02; Used a gloved finger and dab it on.

Then use the solution to get all of the excess.

Deeper rock chips may need more coats/rounds.

Can’t wait to see your results!

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I paid $12 for the OEM VW paint pen with clear coat own for oryx white. Took a month to show up and they initially refunded my money I paid $22 originally. So I got it for a steal [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I paid $12 for the OEM VW paint pen with clear coat own for oryx white. Took a month to show up and they initially refunded my money I paid $22 originally. So I got it for a steal [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I have never had luck with paint pens looking good.

It’s not the paint that is the best part about the system, it’s the leveling solution that prevents blobs.

You could get OEM paint and Langka Blob eliminator instead.

lokerola

Ready to race!
It's pretty good. I've used it on my previous cars; a 2011 Charger and 2014 Accord. If the chips are deep it won't do as good a job. If they're small, it's pretty amazing how well it works. I had some larger chips on the Accord and fixing them with Dr. Colorchip created what I call a "five footer". At 5 feet, it was hard to detect where the chips were.

Being a weekend detailer (only as a hobby,) a five footer was a compromise - I hated seeing the painted over chips up close. But it was a hell of a lot better than glaring primer showing through.

Anyway, it's very good, but don't expect miracles.

lokerola

Ready to race!
I just bought a 996 and just got my Dr Colorchip yesterday.

I will update with pics in the next few weeks when I get around to applying it.

Nice car! God bless you man - black paint. The detailers nightmare.....

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Ignore the folks that are bashing it.

I can’t see how anyone could have a beef with this product.

If applied correctly you really have to look for the repairs up close on most of the rock chips.

My $.02; Used a gloved finger and dab it on.

Then use the solution to get all of the excess.

Deeper rock chips may need more coats/rounds.

Can’t wait to see your results!

I'm going to do the dab-next-to-the-spot-and-swipe-with-thumb method. Going to get surgical with masking off the surrounding area with tape and just go layer after layer.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm going to do the dab-next-to-the-spot-and-swipe-with-thumb method. Going to get surgical with masking off the surrounding area with tape and just go layer after layer.

Not sure if tape is necessary and might actually cause an issue of paint accumulating at the borders. The idea is to spread it thin. Otherwise it will take elbow grease to remove excessively thick paint with the blending solution and might leave a haze. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk