GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CLOUT's MK7 GTI Sport

Matias

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Matias, it is a bit loud with the APR downpipe to be honest. There isdrone around 3k rpm till 4.5k rpm. In the future I am going to put on the APR front muffler/resonator that is available for their exhaust system to quiet it down. "Derushi" here on the boards has done this and has mentioned that the APR front muffler has effectively taken out the drone from the css muffler combined with a downpipe. You could also pick up a vibrant resonator to replace the stock resonator to help cut out the drone, it is also priced less than the APR unit.

Hey! Thanks for all the info too, I love your car bro.Maybe cts catted instead of apr dp will do the trick? I don't want to drop my CSS Muffler.

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Hey! Thanks for all the info too, I love your car bro.Maybe cts catted instead of apr dp will do the trick? I don't want to drop my CSS Muffler.

I think any aftermarket downpipe will cause it to drone, but changing out the factory resonator like Derushi has will help tone the drone down. It's just a characteristic of this motor, other than the drone, the pops and crackles are great lol :D

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Very tasteful build Clout! Love the clean CS look.

Thanks!

Nice build, clout.

How are the Ohlins around town vs. aggressive handling? Can you also confirm the drop range? The specs just say "approx 15-20mm."

Thanks.

Thank you, they still feel great around town, ride is a bit stiffer than stock at current settings coupled with quicker turn in and added stability, feels very planted and dampening is nice and compliant. As far as drop range I do not remember my exact floor to fender or center of wheel to fender measurements off top of my head but its approx an inch lower than stock all around. The fronts having no more room to be lowered since adding a updated bearing adapter from Ohlins, limiting fronts to "20mm"/ "2cm" (still havent felt them bottom out even on really crappy roads) and the rears have a bunch of room left.

Matias

Passed Driver's Ed
I think any aftermarket downpipe will cause it to drone, but changing out the factory resonator like Derushi has will help tone the drone down. It's just a characteristic of this motor, other than the drone, the pops and crackles are great lol :D

I just installed it yesterday and its much quieter than expected,dsg farts and throttle sound is amazing, but idle and going around town is just as css muffler alone.Im still to listen to crackles when letting off, maybe cuz im dsg.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Thank you, they still feel great around town, ride is a bit stiffer than stock at current settings coupled with quicker turn in and added stability, feels very planted and dampening is nice and compliant. As far as drop range I do not remember my exact floor to fender or center of wheel to fender measurements off top of my head but its approx an inch lower than stock all around. The fronts having no more room to be lowered since adding a updated bearing adapter from Ohlins, limiting fronts to "20mm"/ "2cm" (still havent felt them bottom out even on really crappy roads) and the rears have a bunch of room left.

Cool, thanks! I assume you could also take them up 1/2" or more too or what's the minimum drop approx? I'm happy with what I have now and also about an inch lower but I may look to raise it up to appease the wife. I like how the Ohlin rates aren't impacted by ride height. Awesome you found your set used. They ain't cheap!

CLOUT

Ready to race!
I just installed it yesterday and its much quieter than expected,dsg farts and throttle sound is amazing, but idle and going around town is just as css muffler alone.Im still to listen to crackles when letting off, maybe cuz im dsg.

Oh nice, good to hear! If you do want it louder you could always go no resonator, you should be able to get crackles than :D

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Cool, thanks! I assume you could also take them up 1/2" or more too or what's the minimum drop approx? I'm happy with what I have now and also about an inch lower but I may look to raise it up to appease the wife. I like how the Ohlin rates aren't impacted by ride height. Awesome you found your set used. They ain't cheap!

No problem! Yah I will see how the car sits with the Dutch splitter, I hope its not too low I like how I dont scrape anywhere with this car, my past lowered cars were a chore around town/steep driveways. Yes, def lucky to have picked them up used :)

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Oh nice, good to hear! If you do want it louder you could always go no resonator, you should be able to get crackles than :D

I think you guys get more audible crackles anyway since there's no resonator in the APR downpipe.

The APR front muffler seems to be a bit more lively in terms of crackles after a few hundred miles though, if you end up getting it :)

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Update @ 16,1xx miles:

JB4 is off and I'm now APR Stage 2 - 93 octane file (still mixing 91 and E85).

Why did I do it? Honestly got tired of logging and playing with the map settings when the car felt off, I still think highly of the JB4 and it is the best bang for your buck and keep warranty intact.

How do I like the APR Stage 2 Flash? I love it, especially with a sale price lol. It is very strong from a stop and anywhere from a roll, gobs and gobs of torque and cuts back toward redline. This will keep me happy till I go IS38 :eek:

Wife enjoys it as well, took her out in the GTI last night for our anniversary. :D

Also picked up a used and discontinued APR boost gauge kit, will be installing next week. Thinking of picking up 034 engine and tranny mounts to tighten things up even more but still on the fence.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
If you're thinking about getting the 034 mounts... Do it!! I switched from BFI stage 1 engine and trans mounts to 034 mounts and I couldn't be happier. :)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
If you're thinking about getting the 034 mounts... Do it!! I switched from BFI stage 1 engine and trans mounts to 034 mounts and I couldn't be happier. :)

Could you elaborate a bit more??? I'm sure many here might be on the fence between the BFI and 034 mounts.

What to cover:
What made you switch from the BFI to the 034 mounts?
How are the 034 mounts better and worse than the BFI mounts?