GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #35
Gti jake

Drives: GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
As you go up in tiers the SBC ones get pricey. I want the extra insurance of a Stage 3 Endurance for the inevitable IS38. I also hate the stock clutch feel, a heavier clutch should fix that.
For what it's worth I wouldn't install a SBC in my car if it were free, let alone paying a premium for one. I've personally seen them fail to hold the torque they're rated for on diesel trucks and mk6. Ik neither of those are mk7 but that's enough for me.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #36
russiankid

Drives: Das Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
Interesting, 1.8T clutches are half as much as 2.0T clutches I had only priced out 1.8T ones. It'll be closer to $2500 then. I'll be running the SBC Stage 3 Endurance 2.0T cost $1750, 1.8 cost $950.
Would be interesting to see if somehow we could get the 1.8 clutch to work on a 2.0. You could do a SRE clutch with a new DMF for roughly $1,000.
russiankid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #37
Ironshade

Drives: 2015 GSW 1.8tsi 5MT JB4+is20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti jake View Post
For what it's worth I wouldn't install a SBC in my car if it were free, let alone paying a premium for one. I've personally seen them fail to hold the torque they're rated for on diesel trucks and mk6. Ik neither of those are mk7 but that's enough for me.
Mine was rated for 470tq. My car made close to 600tq at the crank With shit load of antilag awd launches. Hot lapped it at drag stip for maybe 10 passes running 11.1-11.3s and clutch held. Organic disc starts feeling like butter when they heat up but still. Awd running NT05s it held. Gotta keep in mind lots of people install them wrong. You NEED to clean of flywheel from lub before install with a grease remove. “I used thinner” lots of failures are customer errors. Especially when from my experience SB underrates their stuff.
Ironshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:11 AM   #38
Blade3562

Drives: 2015 Golf LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
Would be interesting to see if somehow we could get the 1.8 clutch to work on a 2.0. You could do a SRE clutch with a new DMF for roughly $1,000.
I hate dual mass flywheels with a passion. I also know several people with South Bend Clutches that have fun them for years and loved them? I'm not sure what the difference between the 1.8t/2.0t clutch and flywheel are but I'm going to assume the spline count is different on the input shaft. The crank pattern should be the same, but we'll find out here soon enough!
Blade3562 is offline   Reply With Quote