GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jake (diesellove13) buys a Wagon

DieselLove

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack
Well I took advantage of dieselgate and turned my 2010 2-door Golf TDI into a 2017 Golf Alltrack S with a 6-spd manual in Night Blue Metallic on Biege. :D

Despite this being my first Mk7, I have an extensive resume of owning numerous VW/Audi's. Listed, recently owned first.
- 1991 Audi Coupe Quattro, Black on Black (currently in my possession)
- 2010 Golf TDI 2-dr DSG, BMP on Black
- 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro, Pearl White on Black :D
- 1992 VW Jetta 8v, spray painted army green... (by PO)
- 1991 VW Golf 4-dr 1.8t swapped, Alpine White
- 1985 VW Golf 4-dr 1.6d, Alpine White

I'm still warming up to the TSI's fuel mileage but I'm sure I'll get over that soon enough. Being that I live a fairly active lifestyle the increased cargo capacity was a must. And by the time I pay it off, its probably a safe bet that I'll be a dad so I consider it an investment into my future lifestyle... :rolleyes: I love the Mk7 Sportwagen sleek styling, I get compliments all the time, mostly from older men and mom's... I enjoy seeing the looks I get when they see a late-20 year old getting into a wagon, it doesn't get old.

I originally went into the dealer to check out a 2015 Sportwagen TDI and test drive a 2017 GSW 4mo 6-spd. The TDI wagon was overpriced and not well kept, even at only 40,xxx miles. Unfortunately, they didn't have a 6-spd 4mo on the lot other than the vehicle that is now in my possession. Ultimately, I decided to purchase the Alltrack S over a 4mo for the following reasons:
- I prefer leather (leatherette) over cloth
- Heated seats were a must have
- Prefer to have fog lights
- The appearance package of the Alltrack really enhances the styling, my personal opinion of course
- Likelihood that depreciation would affect the Alltrack less than a 4mo wagon

Upgrades thus far
Helix Headlights
Morimoto Elite HID System w/5500k bulbs
Lamin-X on Fogs
Tint: Front Air80 Blue, Rear 20%
Yakima Jetstream 50" Cross Bars
OBDEleven coding: gauge sweep, mirror dip in Reverse, inner taillights to mirror the outers when braking and signaling, "quantity to refill" (only adds salt to the TDI wound), key-in alarm, and "coming home" lights. -- I unsuccessfully tried to code "leaving home" lights and "Offroad screen in Offroad Mode" due to lack of hardware that is not worth my time or money to install.
Solowerks Coilovers
18x8 Audi Sewer Caps wrapped in 215/40 Falken rubber
ECS Spacers 15mm & 20mm

Future Plans?
Burger Tuning JB1
Downpipe upgrade
EM Rear sway bar and endlinks
Do something with the exhaust...

Without further adieu...

Increased cargo capacity.

Added tint (Front: Air80 Blue, Rear: 20%). Apologies for the poor image quality.

Increased light output.

Preview into the future.

A few pics for clicks of my previous loves:

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah it's very similar to a Cummins. Same Bosch fuel system over the years. VE, VP, then common rail. I really enjoy the Mk1 & 2, but don't have one currently. I'm about your same age and have owned 16 Volkswagen all together. Only 2 gti, most have been diesel

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sweet ride.
Really like how the Alltrack looks, even in base S trim, whereas The regular Golf (or Sportwagen) S looks frumpy. Guess it's in the wheels and that nickel trim.