GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stormtrooper Golf R

GOLF_R1

I picked up this car after owning an Audi RS5. I had to trade in my RS5 because it had a reoccurring brake warping problem, it drank a lot of oil. Needed to be topped every 2k miles. It also drank gas. I can only have one car so that car became a pain to daily. Then one day I do a dig race with a stage 1 golf r. I get demolished. So I decide it's time to get something more practical but that is still fast. So I immediately started the look for an automatic 2016 Golf R with a DSG. I find one at my local dealer but it's black and I hate black cars because they are a pain to keep clean.

Either way I jumped on the car since I don't want to wait 3 months to spec a car for my liking. I drove it home and enjoyed it very much but I was missing the loud v8 noise of my RS5. So two days later I drive it to the muffler shop to delete the resonator(same thing I did in the RS5)

https://vimeo.com/141860669
Then I decided to address my issues with the black. I had already decided when I bought it that it was getting wrapped. I was tempted to go back to blue like my RS5.

But after looking all the colors I decided to go with satin white and black out everything. Creating what I affectionately called the Stormtrooper Golf R.

So now I am getting my neuspeed air intake installed tomorrow.

Future mods:
Tune
Turbo muffler delete
Lowering springs
Wheels
And much more

GOLF_R1

Alright guys I got the intake installed and I am getting a turbo muffler delete. But even with the resonator delete, I still find the car to be too quiet. So After the turbo muffler delete, I might want to delete my Cats. I was wondering will this create any codes? Is there anyone who has done this? How does it sound?

Also I am looking at tunes. Any recommendations? Pros on Cons of each? I am looking at Eurodyne, APR, and Revo.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Alright guys I got the intake installed and I am getting a turbo muffler delete. But even with the resonator delete, I still find the car to be too quiet. So After the turbo muffler delete, I might want to delete my Cats. I was wondering will this create any codes? Is there anyone who has done this? How does it sound?

Also I am looking at tunes. Any recommendations? Pros on Cons of each? I am looking at Eurodyne, APR, and Revo.

It might give you a check engine light, but it's nothing a O2 spacer won't fix. I would go with a high-flow cat though. Better for the environment, and the tone won't be as raspy. You'll probably have to get a tune after this though.

So far, GIAC is working perfectly for me with no issues. Of course it's for the GTI. So im not sure if they have one for the R yet.

GOLF_R1

Alright guys now I am debating whether to get a turbo muffler delete or put the money towards something else. Does anyone have it? Does it make the car louder? Is it worth the money?

wave

Ready to race!
Alright guys now I am debating whether to get a turbo muffler delete or put the money towards something else. Does anyone have it? Does it make the car louder? Is it worth the money?

It will make the turbo side noises (whooshing, wheezing, whining) louder, but not the exhaust sound or engine noise from the muffler. You may want to invest in a turbo back exhaust instead, as this would really wake up the car sound-wise.
http://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk7-2015/exhaust/turbo-backs

GOLF_R1

It will make the turbo side noises (whooshing, wheezing, whining) louder, but not the exhaust sound or engine noise from the muffler. You may want to invest in a turbo back exhaust instead, as this would really wake up the car sound-wise.

http://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk7-2015/exhaust/turbo-backs

Yeah agreed... I ended up just deleting my cat. I still have the cat in the downpipe though. I was actually looking to get a full custom exhaust done instead of buying one. But I ran into a problem with the valves. I just want to confirm what codes do the valves through when you get rid of them? Is there any way to prevent it?

For now here is a quick video of my car revving up to 4K rpm, with my cat deleted.

https://vimeo.com/143635395

When it shifts gear now it lets out a very loud pop!! I love it

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Beautiful R! My friend has a mk6 type R stage 3+ and his is also white and blacked out. I wanted to do the same to my mk7 GTI SE and I think you just convinced me lol