GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI Autobahn

noktrnl2

HELP! Hey guys, I have my box all wired up and ready to go, but cannot find any info on where to tap to get input signal. Everything I have found out there if for without navi which uses the 8 pin connector on the back of the cd infotainment unit that i don't have. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I think he's adding bumps in the trunk. No knowledge there, I just laugh every time I hear subs in someone's car. My wife's constantly ripping on people for that

"Didn't subs die with the 1990s/2000s?"

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I think you need something with MOST interface. Audison makes things. Sorry don't have a link.

noktrnl2

I think he's adding bumps in the trunk. No knowledge there, I just laugh every time I hear subs in someone's car. My wife's constantly ripping on people for that

"Didn't subs die with the 1990s/2000s?"
Nothing like that. Just something small that can be heard on the highway and over my exhaust.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If I read your post correctly, you have the upgraded 'Fender' system?

If so, per the wiring diagrams, all the speaker outputs come from the digital controller under the drivers seat. You may want to look there first.

noktrnl2

If I read your post correctly, you have the upgraded 'Fender' system?

If so, per the wiring diagrams, all the speaker outputs come from the digital controller under the drivers seat. You may want to look there first.
Yeah, thats the problem. I have to idea which are the speaker wires. Can't seem to find a wire diagram.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah, thats the problem. I have to idea which are the speaker wires. Can't seem to find a wire diagram.

I could be a douche and tell you to spend the $35 and download everything from VW, but I won't.

I tried to upload a PDF but the file is to big for this forum. PM me if you want it. Here are the connections from the digital sound system control module (J525) under the drivers seat.

LF treble r/y, br/y
LF bass br/gr, r/gr, br/blk, r/blk
RF treble gr/w, br/r
RF bass br/gr, r/gr, br/p, r/p
LR treble gr/y, br/bl
LR bass r/w, br/w
RR treble bl/blk, br/blk
RR bass bl/y, br/gr
Sub br/y, w/y, br, w

r=red
y=yellow
br= brown
gr=green
bl=blue
blk=black
w=white
p=purple (lilac)

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
There's also the Subwoofer speaker harness in the trunk... You can splice or purchase the male connector (somewhere in the DIY forum) which is factory signal made for the OEM Subwoofer right in the trunk.