GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of getting a second car..

Navi

Autocross Champion
Noooooo

Any Golf is a daily driver. Miles aren't gonna hurt it, it's not rare. Just drive it.

Reasons outside of that: double taxes, plates, insurance, maintenance. The cons very greatly out weigh the pros. This is coming from me, who's never ever owned just one vehicle. I've always had a need for multiple cars/trucks do to work and hobbies. If there's no need I'd highly suggest NOT having two cars.

Unless the Golf stays as a daily and you're gonna build something crazy unpractical or take on a big project.

I agree. Golf is a daily driver no matter what you do to it until it becomes a dedicated track car. I have a couple friends with supras and tt gallardos that run 10 second evos as daily drivers and they are very street-able. Extreme example, but I can't see any instance where a Golf or GTI wouldn't be a daily driver.

Edit: just saw your post about 3-4max on a daily. Def a better idea than the used A3. Get a used civic or accord. None of that CVT tranny crap. It will run forever, and they are very nice cars honestly.

Brando

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not more than 2k? The swap cost almost that much, 2,500-3,000 is very reasonable if it's not hacked up

A MK2 VR6 swap is going to need a lot of maintenance to be reliable. Ask me how I know lol. The car may be worth $3,000+, but haggling down to $2,000 leaves you with plenty of cash to shore up all the issues right off the bat. Paying $3,000 up front is just bad business if you're seeking reliable and affordable.