GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can you change tire size via coding?

DieselLove

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack
I've done some searching around but cannot seem to find the answer. After spending a few hours playing with my OBDEleven yesterday, I cannot help but wonder if its possible to alter the tire size for the car.

I'm putting on 215/40/18s in a couple weeks and would love to keep my speedo/odo accurate.

Has anyone stumbled across this as a possibility? Thank you in advance.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Have read on Audi forum where someone did it. Can't remember where though and it didn't have details, a not very helpful. It was something about changing the trim or model of the car with the tire size you want. Wish I could find more, case want to do something similar.

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
I think I can point you in the right direction. Distance Impulse Number.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
apparently this was adjustable on <mk7, but is now hard coded on mk7 so we can't adjust

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I am running the same ratio 40/18 and my speedo is reading the same as my GPS, so you are probably fine... the overall diameter is basically the same as the 16's I had stock

DieselLove

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack
Should have clarified, I have an Alltrack so my stock tire size is 205/55/17, considerably larger than the 215/40.

MonkeyMD you've given me hope, I'll go digging in the codes and see if I can find a way to change the model, at least to a Golf - per Gawernator's GPS notes.