GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Civil War Musket Owners?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
What are your sources now? Are there any active forums for other owners? I don't have any, just curious.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The top ones are Regimental Quartermaster and S&S.

Sometimes it takes months or more if you're looking for a particular original part in very good condition. I'm done rebuilding an original musket that needed only 3 parts to be mechanically operational. Cosmetics overall are very good. Amazing for almost 155 years old.

Leather goods are the hardest, as you can imagine. I'd like to find a sling. That's the only part that attaches I'm missing.

I needed to find a gunsmith who has his own machine shop who knows how to work on them to remove a damaged threaded part without damaging the surrounding area. That's almost like trying to find a mechanic who can repair Model A Ford by himself 45 years from now.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I did find a local 'smith with a machine shop who is an expert. What luck! He did a great job. Looks like it just came from the battlefield, minus the crud. And I finally found an era-correct bayonet in very good condition. Friggin' total length is like 7-feet now. Take that, Colonialist scum!