GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kia Stinger...

Iluv2raceit

You guys are talking about stage 2 GTI's and .:R's beating it, but looking at it will it even be any competition compared to the 5.0 GT's, etc that we typically play with? I think this is more stage 2 1.8t territory :p. It has the same problem as most american muscle cars where it weighs somewhere between a large building and a tanker ship, but without the 400-700hp v8 to try to compensate. Hopefully it has something else going for it. That combined with only being offered with an automatic, apparently having a nice interior with a good amount of space, etc... I don't know why they are trying to advertise this as a performance car, it's a luxury car.

Also, the opening paragraph of Car and Driver's review makes me feel really uneasy, there's no way they could have written that with a straight face. "you know it was built by car enthusiasts... ...[underwhelming engine specs]... ...eight speed automatic... ...adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking, lane-keeping assist" Those aren't things that you design as a car enthusiast, they're things you design as a comfort enthusiast.

Stage 1 GTIs can beat a stock Stinger ;-)

Towerworld

Passed Driver's Ed
A Heavy but good compact/mid size lux sedan vs passats, a5's, 3 series ect. More power(365hp/377tq), practicality and luxury for a good price. Don't hate just because its a kia.

ccbird

Ready to race!
I've driven one; father-in-law just got one and I have to say I was surprised on how good it drives. It also looks far better in person. I hated myself for liking it as much as I did, but it really is a decent car. Throw a JB4 on it and it will hold with some of our cars.

I still would only have it fully loaded and at that rate it is 10k more than a golf R. Not worth it for the money in my books.

I will still take it out and beat on it from time to time as it is a fun drive.