GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question. I got some logs done and sent to George. He sent me some settings to run map 6. I loaded the new parameters in. Do I need to hit load/safe configuration or can I just hit save. I am using the Bluetooth. ? Thanks for the help

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Ok everyone - take it easy on me as I'm new to the world of reading logs and worrying about tunes. Just installed my JB4 today w/ Bluetooth and took it for a shakedown run. Several good pulls all the way through 3rd. Car is stock except for a rear swaybar and RPF1/RE71Rs. So not a single thing engine wise. And I'm in Arizona where it was low 100s today, haha.

First off, I got the "431A" CEL code, which searching has shown has never been explained. Don't much care for that, but I cleared it and went on my way. Restarted car and did a 3rd gear log.

Second, the reason I'm here: link below is to the CSV log file. PLEASE help me understand what to look for and how my car is running. The trims looks good from what I gather based on the first page (which I've read). Question is, my AFR goes pretty low the higher my RPM - is that ok? In the 9s? Also, how is the timing looking? I can't figure out how to compare the numbers with the description on the first page.

I appreciate any help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-wB-MwyxaudX3FOX080Nml4cWc

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Nothing else will get much more power. You're basically FBO if you've got all that. You should be over 300whp I'd think. Take another log and post it up and we can see if there is anything odd which may be robbing power.

If anyone is local with a stage 2 tunes, you should run them and see how it performs in comparison.

New logs this morning. Log 0 is 4th (hit the limiter), log 1 is 3rd:
http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/log-1503330145?log=0&data=1-4

Any insight would be appreciated... it feels like it is running pretty fast. It's the same tank of gas I had for the dyno, though ambient was about 10f cooler.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ok everyone - take it easy on me as I'm new to the world of reading logs and worrying about tunes. Just installed my JB4 today w/ Bluetooth and took it for a shakedown run. Several good pulls all the way through 3rd. Car is stock except for a rear swaybar and RPF1/RE71Rs. So not a single thing engine wise. And I'm in Arizona where it was low 100s today, haha.

First off, I got the "431A" CEL code, which searching has shown has never been explained. Don't much care for that, but I cleared it and went on my way. Restarted car and did a 3rd gear log.

Second, the reason I'm here: link below is to the CSV log file. PLEASE help me understand what to look for and how my car is running. The trims looks good from what I gather based on the first page (which I've read). Question is, my AFR goes pretty low the higher my RPM - is that ok? In the 9s? Also, how is the timing looking? I can't figure out how to compare the numbers with the description on the first page.

I appreciate any help.

AFR has to go low because IATs are super high. You need an IC or meth.

vstypicals

Ready to race!
Car(s)
N/A
What should be the expected IAT compared to ambient temperature? +30 degrees? +40 degrees? +50 degrees?

Last edited:

Mars1

Ready to race!

I appreciate any help.

What Diggs said. What gas are you running? Can you post a map 4 log?

I've uploaded your CSV file to datazap so it is easier to read. Click the link and look at the chart. Move your mouse pointer on the graph from left to right and look at the data.

Datazap- v-dug log

Your IAT intake air temps are the green line at the top. If you want to add boost with the JB, you need to do something about your IATs. Using better gas may help a bit. Upgrade your intercooler, etc.. Your timing advance will follow, it's low now with some pull.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
His ambient is 60. Also, that's the top of 4th with low boost.

To answer all the questions:

Location is the PNW - Seattle area. Running an E30 blend.

Looking at the ECU psi vs Target, I must be bouncing off the nanny - it is only targeting +9, but the absolute map is set for 22 @ 5500, tapering 1psi per 500rpm from there. The target in the log is way lower.

I'm curious if this is why my dyno readings were low. Is the nanny preventing me from hitting target? Same thing is happening in the 3rd gear pull.