GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on noise at motorway speeds

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I am running the factory Bridgestone Potenza on the rear and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 on the front.

Yikes. I mixed PS Sports & Dunlop DW's briefly on my ZHP and the handling was so squirrelly I couldn't believe that the tires were the cause - but sure enough, once I squared it up with the same tires all around, it was instantly back to normal.

The stock tires on my R are noisy as hell, have been since new, now at 11k miles. I have the Pirelli P Zeros.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
The stock Continental 5P that came on my R so far are pretty quiet. But I still have less than 2k miles on them as I had to use up what was left of my DWS before switching them over.

surrealjam

Ready to race!
As an update, I changed the rear tyres... and the noise is exactly the same. I rotated front to back as well to see if that made any difference and it didn't.

Perhaps they are just noisy tyres then.

The Bridgestone tires on some Golf TSI models get good economy, but are noisy and do not grip very well. Never had a good experience with Bridgestone/Firestone for quiet or handling.
Continental ContiPro Contact is a good tire for most Golfs. My Mk 6 came with them and they were excellent.