GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

R-Estate

Just got home from installing the JB4 and I am really impressed with how much the car responded - when the temperatures around here dip back into the double digits here I'll start messing with map 6.

Where is everyone stuffing the actual JB4 box? I put mine between the battery and ECU but it is a little too snug imo. Between the airbox and battery felt way too loose for comfort as well.

I bought something similar to this to wrap the JB4 in and it keeps it nice and snug between battery and airbox.

Black Heat Resistant Flat Mat For G...p/B00F594LQ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2SELzb7V7J8RX

buck890

Passed Driver's Ed
Put my VRS230 on the rollers last week, and it produced 312 BHP and 350 ft lbs, really happy with the results, just a waiting game now until the clutch gives in lol!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nice numbers and flat torque curve. What else you have done to the car?

JuniorT

Thanks George, appreciate the quick response! I was just worried about piercing the wire too many times and possibly puncturing it.

I only remove the afr wire and use some black tape to cover the positap. They haven't noticed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Don't get a fright. Its in the UK and they work back to the flywheel.

Nice readings regardless.

I assumed it may have been stage 2 but yes this is great chp numbers for almost no mods really and just jb4!

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed

The parts came in for my AFR harness. Put this together yesterday and installed my JB4 upgrade. I loved the extra power with the JB1 but the 4 is much smoother!

I have some extra connectors so will make up a couple more harnesses. I'm using gold contacts like the OE one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this to avoid tapping into the factory wire using posi-tap? How is this done? Thank you!

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
My afr and trims have stopped reading this am. using a samsung and otg cable with the jb4 mobile app. ordered a new cable few days ago. some days the app crashes but i dont report it because the phone doesnt have a sim card, only wifi. so my guess is its either the app or the otg cable. afr wire looks fine and nothing else has changed. this evening i will try my laptop to see if i get the same results. Id like to buy or make one of those O2 afr adapter blugs i keep seeing here.

Thoughts?

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
im going with a crapy otg cable. it work now when i went for a drive. cant wait for the new one