GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommendations for baby strollers that will fit mk7r

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys! I've tried searching for what types of strollers will fit in the R. There's not much info to be found. I was curious what others have used? We're expecting our first in January. If you have the brand and model number it would help also!!

I found this bad boy during my search [emoji6]

WHY_GTI1

Ready to race!
My graco stroller fit perfectly, however i am unsure of the model (will try to check later). It fits better in the mk7 than it did in my mk6. My gf and I just picked up a 17 accord sport se, so now we'll be using that car for baby/weekend duties because it has a ton more space.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
It's been a while, and they certainly aren't giving them away, but look at the Phil and Ted's Smart Stroller. And Congrats!

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
I have three kids and have done all types of strollers from $99-$500 and my favorite has always been the Chicco Keyfit 30 seat and Chicco Keyfit Caddy. They are light and you can throw them in the trunk no problem.

If I recall it can stand sideways and slightly lift the deck lid but allows plenty of room for bags or other goodies in the trunk like all the parts you can buy with the money you save hahaha.

Your wife will appreciate it as well. Their abs won't be strong so lifting a heavy stroller is tough, it weighs right around 10lbs.

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I will look at all of them and let the wife decide which one to go with. [emoji482]

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Lower it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol too funny
The problem with that car is that I heard something about the first models blowing turbos or something like that, who knows...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
BOB Revolution (Have their old model) along with Britax infant seat.
This fits and it's an awesome stroller if you walk a lot or run, especially since it has large air filled tires that don't get stuck in holes or imperfect roads/paths.

Infant seat dimensions

Product Dimensions - : 17.75” W x 25” H x 26.5” D (45 W x 63.5 H x 67 D cm)

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
2nd on the Chicco Keyfit 30 and caddy. Caddy is great fo quick shopping trips. I haven't tried to fit our Thule urban glide in the trunk yet (we usually use our Outback for baby hauling), but it folds smaller than the BOB. It's also a fair bit lighter.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Typical first time parent.
I see a lot of newbies buy fancy strollers, but at the end of the day you will end up with the lightest and cheapest stroller.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
I see a lot of newbies buy fancy strollers, but at the end of the day you will end up with the lightest and cheapest stroller.

That brings back memories. We had a small cheap Maclaren stroller we beat to hell but it held up until the end. Unfortunately Maclaren doesn't offer a cheap no frills stroller anymore. $150+ now.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

Depends what you're doing with your strollers. Much prefer our fancier Thule for walks around the neighborhood and the fireroads around the reservoir nearby. And doubles as a jogging stroller when he can tolerate it. The cheap Chicco is way nicer for shopping and quick trips, but SUCKS for any long walks.