GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stripes, Decals, ETC.

AmSeic

I have a new, MKVIII GTI and I'm having the rally stripe color debate. She's deep black pearl metallic and I'm debating on either matte black or nimbus grey. Any opinions on the matter or thoughts? Do I want to add a softer side with the grey or keep Her aggressive and go with the black?

ACE2

Ready to race!
Lol be ready for the forum members to tell you not too and your being a ricer....i personally like them and always thought about it too (same color car) but haven't pulled the trigger. But a lot of members here think it's ricer and say it's for only subies or STs. It's your car and do what you want but hopefully someone chimes that actually helps you lol. I'd say either color would be nice!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Lol be ready for the forum members to tell you not too and your being a ricer....i personally like them and always thought about it too (same color car) but haven't pulled the trigger. But a lot of members here think it's ricer and say it's for only subies or STs. It's your car and do what you want but hopefully someone chimes that actually helps you lol. I'd say either color would be nice!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't be a ricer. Stripes only add 1 to 2 horse power. Save your money for better tires or a downpipe. Things that will actually improve your performance.

Actually if you're going to pay someone to add something useless to the car, at least spend the money on a clear bra.

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
The design of the Mk7, for all its many charms, is not one that lends itself to stripes. The one that V-Dub chose for the Clubsport isn't bad, but the fact that it's on the Clubsport helps immeasurably.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Black roof + subtle clubsport-like stripes is about as much as I would go. Anything more and you get into goofy territory imo.

I did see one black mk7 (may have been CSGM, can't remember) with a dark grey metallic "rally" stripe that looked good. It only looked good cuz it was fairly subtle, dark enough not to stand out, and the rest of the car didn't look like a clown show.

There is a goofy threshold when it comes to these mods. Some say even the clubsport stuff is too much. Up to you to decide but tread lightly...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Purists obviously against this but I think it's a great idea.

Facing the reality that the GTI is a fairly common car I don't think there's anything wrong with a little RICE to stand out :p

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I have a new, MKVIII GTI and ...

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Where are these stripes going? Over the hood, across the roof, and down the back? Along the rockers? Single stripe? Dual? Offset? I say on a black car do something offbeat and ghost the stripes. Can't really see them until light hits them just right. Otherwise go gray.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, it's gonna look rice :D.