This is no doubt a great idea. I would highly appreciate it if you'd
write a DIY. ;)

I don't remember any 'rear TT control arm' discussion if we had one,
however I do remember the former platform TT (8J) had the same
rear control arms as Golf and A3 used to have. The increased width
has been realized by using wider (aluminium) wheel carriers:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7018526-Rear-Wheel-Bearing-Housing

That said, I'd bet you could do the same on a current MQB Golf or A3
if the wider track don't cause fitment issues. ;)

Hi. Yes I can put together a DIY on the subframe, CSS swivels, SuperPro LCA and H&R ARB. This is hopefully going on the car soon.

Regarding the TT rear parts you are correct @breaking badly. I ment the alloy bearing housing.
Any info on how much wider the TT part is?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link. It mentions one place that the TT mk2 gives 10mm extra width per side.
I wonder how the mk3 alloy housing is?

Give audi.de a visit and compare technical data/track width of both A3 and TT.
Since the wheels offsets should be nearly identical (~ET50) the majority of the
difference must be due to the different wheel carriers. I'd expect at least 10 mm
per side, perhaps more.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Wouldn't increasing track at the rear without increasing the front have detrimental impacts to handling? Or if it has any benefit, why didn't they fit it to the CCS if it's an already available part?

You are probably right. The front is already wider.
People are installing 10mm spacers at front and 15mm rear on stock wheels.

For me I hate spacers and would be happy if the TT parts give 10mm on each side.

Wouldn't increasing track at the rear without increasing the front have detrimental impacts to handling? Or if it has any benefit, why didn't they fit it to the CCS if it's an already available part?
You're most probably right. Think it's an aesthetical question mainly.

I too don't like spacers, however I prefer a slightly wider track on front anyway,
and that's why I'm happy with the car as it is. This is not a rear-engined car. ;)

Did someone already mention the Golf GTE (hybrid) comes with a 25 mm x 4 mm front sway bar?

PR-0AF - 5Q0 411 303 AB

Bear in mind it's hollow and not as stiff as solid 25 mm sway bars. It should match most aftermarket
rear sway bars nicely. Even more, it's probably the most affordable front sway upgrade available, at
least if you don't have to pay intercontinental shipping.

;)

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bump!
Guys. My car is inn tomorrow for some new trickery.

Already done is new H&R ARB 25mm (I think) at the rear with complete SuperPro Bushings.

Up front is getting tomorrow:
Audi aluminum subframe
VWR torque arm
H&R ARB 27mm (i think)
Clubsport S swivels and TT bearing
SuperPro LCA 0007K
Complete realignment on all 4 corners.

Will post up the data sheet when I get it.
Fingers crossed for all is put together with no issues.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
The vwr mount will need machined to fit. I don't recall how much and you'll need a shorter bolt. The aluminum subframe is thinner than the steel. The longest part was waiting for the correct length bolt lol

WTF! ?
This is not good You mean it will not completely compress/sandwich the bar to the gearbox?
Do you know what the milled out space on the top bushing is for? I think it is to make room for the ARB, but can't find any info...
Please respond fast so I can react and fix alternatives...

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Bump!
Guys. My car is inn tomorrow for some new trickery.

Already done is new H&R ARB 25mm (I think) at the rear with complete SuperPro Bushings.

Up front is getting tomorrow:
Audi aluminum subframe
VWR torque arm
H&R ARB 27mm (i think)
Clubsport S swivels and TT bearing
SuperPro LCA 0007K
Complete realignment on all 4 corners.

Will post up the data sheet when I get it.
Fingers crossed for all is put together with no issues.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Can you post before and after alignment numbers?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Yes will post before and after sheets.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I didn't have to orient then notch in any specific way, but test mount the sway bar first to see if it needs to me oriented to prevent contact.

The billet torque arm itself is too thick to fit in between the upper and lower pucs. VWR even acknowledges this. I forget how far off the thickness is. I have it all written down somewhere. I think it was around 5-7mm we had to mill off of each side of the torque arm. We then powdercoated the arm.

Thanks for sharing this. Can't believe this is not more known. In UK forums Audi-sport.net I haven't read anything about this.
So you had to mill down 5-7mm at each side (top and bottom) of the torque arm to have it centered inn between the pucks?
If you can find your notes please post. The car is going on the ramps in 5 hours. I need to have a plan...

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
They are on my hard drive at home, I'll dig them out, my emails with VWR show I had to mill it down 4mm on each side(Top/bottom only) to fit. I'll see if I can find pics. I can't believe I can't find my posts online lol. I think I'm the only other person who did this install on an aluminum subframe lol.

Thanks for the quick support.
So the milling is approx 4mm on each side, making the arm still at center between the pucks. Correct?
By doing this the arm angle towards the gearbox will be correct?