GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Perfectly Flush Offset

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Ive heard of the fender screw mod, but dont know exactly what it entails, would you mind explaining what exactly it is? Also, does "no real rubbing" pretty much means it rubs fairly often?

Meaning I only rub on really hard dips on the road. But, it may be my sway bar binding instead because I am lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Did some research but didn't find my answer.

I have stock Austin's with ED springs. I know the "flush kit" is 20mm/15mm, but would 25mm be okay in the rear?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
its possible to run 8.5 without using any spacers?

Yes, with custom wheels with different front and rear offsets. I'm running 19x8.5 with ET45 front and ET40 rear

nandemo1

I've seen a couple of similar questions go unanswered in this thread over the years, so I'll throw it out there one more time:

Would there be any issues with 18x8.0 ET40 front and back on a stock suspension? I have a line on a well priced set in this spec and am thinking of wrapping them in 235/40 to gain a little width/grip and fill the arches a bit more.

Should I be concerned about rubbing or excessive stress from moving the wheels out?

Thanks for helping me work through this decision.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Are 19x9 +35 offset wheels doable on ED springs? With 235 or 225 tires.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Are 19x9 +35 offset wheels doable on ED springs? With 235 or 225 tires.
Similar question:

19x8.5 +32 with 225/40 tires, on h&r sport springs. Here's the info from willtheyfit compared to stock.

I'm trying to stay away from having to use spacers, so this seems like a pretty good aggressive setup, even though I'm only on springs.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
a little negative camber adjustment would also make it work. all depends

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
@eurospek

It's not a 19" setup so it could be a little different in practice:

18x9 ET45, 10mm spacer (effective ET35)
235/40-18 Conti ECS
~ -2.1/-2.6 camber in the front (evened out would be ~2.3)

IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Fender screw at 12 o clock removed along with it's plastic insert, liner pushed above the flap and pushed up. I only rub on real big dips in the road on the passenger side, which I'm sure I can make go away with evening out the camber in the front with an alignment or deadset kit or some more aggressive fender work.

Without camber this would rub bad. No question about it. Also would be worse with a tire brand/model that is more square profiled.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
@eurospek

It's not a 19" setup so it could be a little different in practice:

18x9 ET45, 10mm spacer (effective ET35)
235/40-18 Conti ECS
~ -2.1/-2.6 camber in the front (evened out would be ~2.3)

IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Fender screw at 12 o clock removed along with it's plastic insert, liner pushed above the flap and pushed up. I only rub on real big dips in the road on the passenger side, which I'm sure I can make go away with evening out the camber in the front with an alignment or deadset kit or some more aggressive fender work.

Without camber this would rub bad. No question about it. Also would be worse with a tire brand/model that is more square profiled.
What kind of suspension are you running?