GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement front bumper.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,
After a small coming together our car needs a new front bumper. Since it's being done on the insurance I don't have a great deal of control on what's done, but out of curiosity I wonder if anyone knows the following:

- do you buy body coloured bumpers and trims or do they come only primed and have to be sprayed?
- same question for parking sensors - do they come pre-coloured?
- is there a factory calibration procedure for when parking sensors are replaced? Does anyone other than a dealer ever bother with it?

For those that have had bumper damage before are there any other plastic trims around the front that generally need to be replaced at the same time?

I can't see any broken screws or clips, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. The bumper was essentially ripped off the front of the car when it got caught by a passing truck. On the upside this means there was no compression damage to the front of the car it's just a broken bumper. (And extra fortunately it missed all the metalwork further back along the side of the car!)

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Any bumper from either factory or aftermarket comes primed only, same goes for the sensors as well......at least the U.S. is like that.