GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 1.8T / 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 Boost Tap

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Thus far I need 3 boost reference ports. I am considering using a vacuum manifold but am wondering is this 1/8 line will provide enough vacuum for the block. My block has a 1/4 input. Is there any way to open up the boost port for a larger line? Does the hex on the end unscrew or is it there to tighten the whole body?

Last edited:

snailmeat

Ready to race!
I'm going to install this soon. Just wondering if punching through the manifold will result in any stray plastic bits entering the manifold/intake tract?

Travis9935

Ready to race!
So what happens with the fairly large piece of plastic inside the manifold?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
So what happens with the fairly large piece of plastic inside the manifold?

When you heat up the manifold from driving hard, and then tap with the spike, it spreads the manifold. No chunks of plastic fall inside.

B95zP

Ready to race!
When you heat up the manifold from driving hard, and then tap with the spike, it spreads the manifold. No chunks of plastic fall inside.

Yup, I also stuck the tap tip in a flame for a bit. Not sure how much it helped, but I figured it most likely couldn't hurt.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I did warm it up, mine looks like it punched out the whole inside. The hole is like the size of the inside diameter of the manifold nipple. Heard a piece flapping around in there on startup. Haven't heard since.