GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

importrx7

Ready to race!
George your JB4 unit is the sh$$. I ran a 12.57 with only the JB4 and a drop in air filter. Worth every penny!!!!

Slambo

Few questions,

A) If I run Map 2, with everything else stock on 93 pump gas , will those work w/o issue?

B) When I get my car state inspected for emissions, here in Texas they use the ODB2, do I need to undo everything from the car are just unplug the odb2, and tuck it away?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Few questions,

A) If I run Map 2, with everything else stock on 93 pump gas , will those work w/o issue?

B) When I get my car state inspected for emissions, here in Texas they use the ODB2, do I need to undo everything from the car are just unplug the odb2, and tuck it away?

Hi,

Map 2 is fine for 93.
Set it to map 0 and unplug the OBD plug and tuck it away.

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Sorry if this has been covered-- I tried searching first.

1) if my only goal is improved stage 1 power on the street, no track days, then will I need any changes beyond map 1? Need to send in data?
2) have read a variety of posts about various trouble codes for some people. Is that usually just the folks that are making adjustments beyond the out-of-the-box settings, or can I expect some of that stuff with the basic setting?

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Sorry if this has been covered-- I tried searching first.

1) if my only goal is improved stage 1 power on the street, no track days, then will I need any changes beyond map 1? Need to send in data?
2) have read a variety of posts about various trouble codes for some people. Is that usually just the folks that are making adjustments beyond the out-of-the-box settings, or can I expect some of that stuff with the basic setting?

1. i am assuming you are pretty much stock. I would log map 2 and send to george. map 2 will be your ceiling as it is more aggressive than map 1 and my guess is you do not have bolt ons and probably do not plan on do so. He should be able to give you setting that are in between the 2 maps that you can input into map 6.

2. trouble codes such as o2 sensor codes are for those with downpipes installed. fueling codes can be fixed/adjusted with FOL settings. you should not get any of those with sticking to map 1 only.

kungfudill

Ready to race!
1. i am assuming you are pretty much stock. I would log map 2 and send to george. map 2 will be your ceiling as it is more aggressive than map 1 and my guess is you do not have bolt ons and probably do not plan on do so. He should be able to give you setting that are in between the 2 maps that you can input into map 6.

2. trouble codes such as o2 sensor codes are for those with downpipes installed. fueling codes can be fixed/adjusted with FOL settings. you should not get any of those with sticking to map 1 only.

Thanks for the info!

rr1santos

Ready to race!