GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015+ GTI for AutoX

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I mean i'd be curious to see one. Lugod's experiment with the FoST last year certainly isn't terrible but not great neither. With the new ECU rule I'd be interested to see the difference between heavier car with power vs lighter cars without.

stuman

On an unrelated note, what did you settle on for a rear sway bar? I am looking to do some basic GS prep for next year.

typerr

Thanks for the info. I have my first autocross in about 8-9 years this weekend. I used to autocross an Integra Type R with some success and had all but given up on running the GTI due to the non defeatable esc but after reading through these posts and those on vortex I'm looking forward to Sunday.

typerr

RacingManiac- Thanks again for the info! Finally had my first autox this weekend and with the ESC in sport I never noticed the nannies kicking in. We run fairly open/fast courses in socal but even in an off camber right hand turn around the car was fine other than wanting to push on my stock Pirelli all-seasons. I've run an RX-8 and if you forgot to turn off the ESC the car is undriveable as you frantically try to find the button.

I'm ordering wheels/tires, Koni's and a rear sway bar. What is everyone doing with alignment? Thanks

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I've been running 0 toe all around, as much front camber as you can find(there isn't any) and ~1 deg rear camber. That's what I had it set to, what I ended up running after driving around shitty roads before an event I have no idea...lol

rexneffect

Ready to race!
I've been running 0 toe all around, as much front camber as you can find(there isn't any) and ~1 deg rear camber. That's what I had it set to, what I ended up running after driving around shitty roads before an event I have no idea...lol
How'd you adjust rear camber? Are there camber bolts back there?