GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuner shops in Europe

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
Anyone know of any tune shops around Belgium that are reputable and comfortable with GTIs?

I know APR has a couple authorized shops in Belgium and one in the Netherlands, but all three seem to charge nearly twice what APR suggests the retail price should be for services/products.

There's also Shift Tech in Brussels as well as BR Performance. I don't know if they use any name brand tuning software but both claim 220>>300hp with their typical tune.

Just wanted to see what others in Europe are doing. I'm an expat here, so it's rather difficult to find shops for my US Spec GTI.

Cheers!

jrokami13

Ready to race!
I looked it up, spoke with shops directly and I spoke with people at car shows and the only thing I did come across here in Belgium was a kid who has a MK6 who had his stage 2 done at BR Performance and he's happy with it.

There is a shop in Germany that is known for collaborating with HPA and is well known for good work, (http://www.hgp-turbo.de/startseite.html) but pricey.
I looked up some of the APR dealers and a few others for a tune but I was reluctant because they where posting tunes/numbers way before anyone else of known reputation and since I couldn't get any solid information or feedback during my hunt I passed on a tune. I did my own hardware work on my mk6 so I plan on doing that for my mk7. I'm going to bring parts over little by little and may take my ecu over on one of those trips I haven't decided yet because I'm patiently waiting on hardware parts and program switching for this gen.

If you find anything in your search, I would be interested to hear what you find.

Regards!

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
I looked it up, spoke with shops directly and I spoke with people at car shows and the only thing I did come across here in Belgium was a kid who has a MK6 who had his stage 2 done at BR Performance and he's happy with it.

There is a shop in Germany that is known for collaborating with HPA and is well known for good work, (http://www.hgp-turbo.de/startseite.html) but pricey.
I looked up some of the APR dealers and a few others for a tune but I was reluctant because they where posting tunes/numbers way before anyone else of known reputation and since I couldn't get any solid information or feedback during my hunt I passed on a tune. I did my own hardware work on my mk6 so I plan on doing that for my mk7. I'm going to bring parts over little by little and may take my ecu over on one of those trips I haven't decided yet because I'm patiently waiting on hardware parts and program switching for this gen.

If you find anything in your search, I would be interested to hear what you find.

Regards!

Well I'm doing that now. Brought over intake BOV and exhaust from moddedeuros. I'll probably end up buying the unitonics stage 2 engine and DSG plus at home tuner to do it myself.

I've talked to BR before when I had my G35. They told me they couldn't do anything even though they offered a tune for the same model year 350z. Even after telling them it's exactly the same ECU and engine, they still said no.

I'll check out that shop you linked though. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
Any experience with ShiftTech in Belgium? I've received a few ads on my windshield from them lately. Claim 220hp to 300hp on flash. I have all supporting mods for a typical stage 2. Any thoughts on ShiftTech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk