GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One shot Drivers windows working intermittently

Willywonka

Ready to race!
I had the same problem with other things. It was the comfort computer or bcm I think it's called. Everything electrical goes to it. My high beams would not work because of this.

desol8tor

They have also tried just recoding the switch somehow (OBDII), and that seems to be a temporary fix sometimes.

Are you familiar with where to look in VCDS to get this working? I'm having the exact same issues (intermittent one-shot driver-side window lowering not working), and based on other reports seems like taking it to the dealer is a crapshoot - I also have the rosstech cable

angingrich

Are you familiar with where to look in VCDS to get this working? I'm having the exact same issues (intermittent one-shot driver-side window lowering not working), and based on other reports seems like taking it to the dealer is a crapshoot - I also have the rosstech cable

I'm not sure exactly what they did. He called it a "reset", but that doesn't mean much. It wasn't super effective, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort on your part unless you're out of warranty.

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had this since day one which is 3 years ago. it was replaced and persisted. I have just accepted it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Red71

Mine was starting to do that too so the dealer replaced the module since it is still under warranty. It's been 3 weeks since it was installed and I've had no issues so far.

njd.sina

Mine was starting to do that too so the dealer replaced the module since it is still under warranty. It's been 3 weeks since it was installed and I've had no issues so far.

What module? I've had my window regulator replaced and the window motor itself which fixed it for a few months but now the problem is back. Issue is driving me crazy and I have this thread bookmarked for a fix.

AKF427

Ready to race!
What module? I've had my window regulator replaced and the window motor itself which fixed it for a few months but now the problem is back. Issue is driving me crazy and I have this thread bookmarked for a fix.

Just a guess as to what "module" means.....The panel/switch on the door that contains the driver/pax up-down buttons? I've got a 2 door, but that is what was replaced under warranty by my Dealer when this issue arose in May. I brought car over, and they immediately gave me a loaner car & said we'll call you. I think the degree of severity is different for everybody...nobody could "live with" the the issue I was having. It simply stuck n' froze & would work when it worked. No issues since the replacement of the driver side door mounted switch containing the up/down buttons. Good luck.

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually noticed this happening yesterday. A qiuck on and off of the car seemed to work the issue out though.

Internexus

Ready to race!
Mine has been doing this for months. I've taken it to the dealership 7 different times and have finally given up on their competence or lack their of. They've replaced the motor and the switch to no avail. I've reached out to VW about this issue as between this, and other random problems I've experienced my vehicle has spent over 50 days in the shop and I've started the lemon law process.

Presently looking through this thread it looks like we are all stuck with a random issue that they are unable to resolve.

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Here in Brazil, this happens in many GOLF MK7, I already talked to the seller VW, they made a software reset but the problem persisted ... I even got used to it ... my car is no longer under warranty .. but I wonder if has something to do to solve this problem.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lots of threads about this issue. With window all the way up, hold down the button until the window goes all the way down, and keep holding it for a few seconds after. Do the same going up.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
This has happened to me. I have used the relearn process and it did seem to correct it temporarily, but it still does it. Not enough to create an issue for me, but it def has a mind of its own.

If it does get stuck or doesn't want to roll back up (that is what mine does), depress the button down all the way and hold it for 15 secs?? I don't know the exact amount of time, and then roll the window all the way up, and again, hold the switch up for and extended period after the window has reached its apex.. I am spitballing, but its something close to this.