GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault codes - help with resolve problems.

Krzysiek_ww1

Hi,

Could You help me with some problems:
9439761 - front passangers side airbag igniter b100a 11 (137) short to ground
617752 - selector lever park position lock switch b1162 29 (008) signal implausible

Please give me instruction what to do?
Clear that codes...or go to dealer service?

Thanks
Kris

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Save the codes to file...

then clear the codes. Drive car for several days, then check to see if codes appear again.

Both codes can be caused by small movement of electrical connectors .

If the codes re-appear then dealer...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Save the codes to file...

then clear the codes. Drive car for several days, then check to see if codes appear again.

Both codes can be caused by small movement of electrical connectors .

If the codes re-appear then dealer...

NEVER clear DTC's. If you knew more about MK7 issues you would know the Park selector issue is a known problem with the shifter.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
NEVER clear DTC's. If you knew more about MK7 issues you would know the Park selector issue is a known problem with the shifter.

Never clear DTC'S..???............:confused:

That's why I said SAVE codes then clear.

It is fine to clear codes if you think they are caused by a sporadic "fluke" eg unplugging a connector & re connecting, of which I have seen personally a set of driving/braking circumstances (cornering & driving through deep puddle) which caused all the ABS/ASR warning lights to stay illuminated on dash with the fault codes having the "implausible signal" tags...save & clear the DTC & they never reappeared. Been using VCDS for several years on various VAG cars (some of which you don't get in USA) & I do know what I am doing!

As I don't have a DSG car I don't pay much attention to DSG issues, :p & with OP stating fault code on it's own is not enough to diagnose fully.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Never clear DTC'S..???............:confused:

That's why I said SAVE codes then clear.

It is fine to clear codes if you think they are caused by a sporadic "fluke" eg unplugging a connector & re connecting, of which I have seen personally a set of driving/braking circumstances (cornering & driving through deep puddle) which caused all the ABS/ASR warning lights to stay illuminated on dash with the fault codes having the "implausible signal" tags...save & clear the DTC & they never reappeared. Been using VCDS for several years on various VAG cars (some of which you don't get in USA) & I do know what I am doing!

As I don't have a DSG car I don't pay much attention to DSG issues, :p & with OP stating fault code on it's own is not enough to diagnose fully.

The reason I said this is if you clear the codes and run out of warranty you'll have a better chance for getting it repaired for free if you have codes with a date while within warranty.

I discovered some codes will clear themselves, so you might want to get the dealer to look at any codes in a timely manner.

Krzysiek_ww1

I am already out of warranty, so I would need to pay for the repair. If it is a known problem, can you tell me what is a fix and if it is only a cheap switch replacement or something more costy?

I cleared DTC's and they reappeared. I have never notices anything wrong with my car. If I haven't had the VCDS, I would never even think that there is something wrong with the shifter...