GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix programming tool; any interest?

kdub808

Ready to race!
Hi guys, could I get it next? Pretty please. I have asked around but have yet to receive a good dongleing.

P. S. I'm hoping my rental payment will be accepted in the form of YouTube install videos. [emoji6][emoji1360].

Happy to pay shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hi guys, could I get it next? Pretty please. I have asked around but have yet to receive a good dongleing.

P. S. I'm hoping my rental payment will be accepted in the form of YouTube install videos. [emoji6][emoji1360].

Happy to pay shipping.

Did you PM him?

As far as payment, it's only $15 though :confused:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Filming for what? How to install soundbox or use the dongle? There are a few videos out.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I did thanks.

Ya, but no one paid me for hours of filming and video editing. That was some kindness of my heart sh|t right there. ��

And him lending out the $165 programming tool for "only" $15 is some kindness from his heart as well ;)

OR you could just buy it yourself or find a dealer that'll charge you more

just sayin'

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Tell him what, since those are his videos and I used them on what to do and not do, I'll oblige.

I thought it was someone else making new videos.

Just PM your details and the only thing I ask is a refundable deposit of $80 and you pay shipping to the next person. Be advised there are 4 people ahead of you now.

kdub808

Ready to race!
He's crying that because he made & posted the videos on YouTube (below) that he shouldn't have to pay to borrow the dongle now :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dKJtnaV9CU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bKOruoJys (7:45 is the best part)

LOL, There certainly isn't a shortage of tactless little pricks in here.

And what's so wrong with that? I put up those videos almost a year ago and plenty of people have found them very useful. I have asked several people for the dongle and no one is responding. Which I find, well, ironic. (Except Gamille, and now crxgator, thanks guys [emoji1360]) Just looking for a little Vortex community love. People like you make me think I've come to the wrong place. Thankfully there are other respectful and helpful people on here. You should aspire to become one.

Did you use my videos to install yours? [emoji38]

Last edited:

kdub808

Ready to race!
Tell him what, since those are his videos and I used them on what to do and not do, I'll oblige.

I thought it was someone else making new videos.

Just PM your details and the only thing I ask is a refundable deposit of $80 and you pay shipping to the next person. Be advised there are 4 people ahead of you now.

Thanks dude [emoji1360] I appreciate the offer.

Gamille is hooking me up for now though since it is in his possession. If for any reason he can't send it to me I'll let you know.

Last edited:

kdub808

Ready to race!
And him lending out the $165 programming tool for "only" $15 is some kindness from his heart as well ;)

OR you could just buy it yourself or find a dealer that'll charge you more

just sayin'

Actually I offered to pay Gamille and let him decide. He was kind enough to lend it to me for the price of shipment.

All told I probably put over 20 hours into setting up, recording, and editing that video. Really I did it for fun but it was a lot of work and time will spent. I get no money from YouTube because I wanted decent music in it, so royalties go to my favorite bands and you guys don't have to listen to the same old horrible royalty free stock music. Win win in my opinion. And the guys that bought and rent their dongle will make their money back so I'm not too worried about them.

I'm not crying and I'm not asking for money, I'm just asking for a little reciprocation...

I put up sexy install videos and you let me touch your dongle for free. [emoji6]

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did you use my videos to install yours?

20 hours to make those videos for an install that takes 2 hours? Don't quit your day job, please

But no I didn't use/need your videos
I installed it in my Tiguan and Passat, and posted up DIY's on Vortex without asking for anything in return either :p

I borrowed the dongle the first time & paid the fee. I needed to borrow the dongle again from Gamille and he said I didn't have to pay him, but I still sent him money again for providing the service/rental.

And the guys that bought and rent their dongle will make their money back so I'm not too worried about them.

So why should they be worried about or even help you?

You sound like a real winner of a human being
You spend $300 on a sub box, but can't pay the fee like the rest of us did or throw the guy $10 for helping you (and the rest of us) out either :rolleyes:

kdub808

Ready to race!
20 hours to make those videos for an install that takes 2 hours? Don't quit your day job, please
I like to take my time. Its a quality that comes with maturity and wisdom.

But no I didn't use/need your videos
I installed it in my Tiguan and Passat, and posted up DIY's on Vortex without asking for anything in return either :p
Maybe you should have checked YouTube first, I could have saved you a lot of time [emoji23]. Just kidding dude, that's cool [emoji1360]

I borrowed the dongle the first time & paid the fee. I needed to borrow the dongle again from Gamille and he said I didn't have to pay him, but I still sent him money again for providing the service/rental.
So you doubled down on the dongle?

So why should they be worried about or even help you?
I demanded nothing. I simply asked. Vortex ❤️

You sound like a real winner of a human being
You spend $300 on a sub box, but can't pay the fee like the rest of us did or throw the guy $10 for helping you (and the rest of us) out either :rolleyes:

Actually it was $600 at the time. I find it funny how your jumping on the middle of something that's not really your business and getting heated because I'm asking for a favor because (I like to think) I provided one in return.

I think your jelous of my videos. That's it ...you can't stand that my videos are better than you DIY word doc. [emoji23] [emoji481]

Ahhh forums.

Last edited: