GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another happy Ed's Rep headlights customer.

Brazito132

Installed the headlights two nights ago. The fitment is near perfect. They are gorgeous! Completely transformed the front end. Ed is awesome. Responded to emails pretty quickly and the lights didn't take too long to arrive. 10/10. Extremely happy with the product.

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
I'm trying to figure out how to get the cornering light to work properly. It appears they only work when the high-beams are on, which is totally pointless.
Evidently that's the way they work. Took a while for that to sink in for me, but that's why I got the Golf R style instead of the GTI style.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
How long did it take you to install them? I have been considering them for awhile now.

Set aside a couple of hours, be careful transferring the retainers from the original headlight to Ed's rep the Helix brand comes with the retainers already in place, those retainers brake very easy. You can do this without taking off the whole bumper cover but I strongly recommend that you take it off , it's only a few more screws and makes everything easier and reduce the chances to scratch anything so 20 min to take the bumper off , about an hour to swap the headlights and install you HID if you are going that route I did LED's on mine and another 20 to put the bumper back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
Set aside a couple of hours, be careful transferring the retainers from the original headlight to Ed's rep the Helix brand comes with the retainers already in place, those retainers brake very easy. You can do this without taking off the whole bumper cover but I strongly recommend that you take it off , it's only a few more screws and makes everything easier and reduce the chances to scratch anything so 20 min to take the bumper off , about an hour to swap the headlights and install you HID if you are going that route I did LED's on mine and another 20 to put the bumper back on

Seems about right. I did it without removing the bumper cover personally as I didn't have anyone to help me remove it at the time and I didn't want to scratch it. But, there is the risk as mentioned of scratching it on the sides and you will have to bend and snap some stuff in and out that you might not be comfortable with as well as getting your hand in some spots that are pretty tight. So, if you have a second person or are careful it's probably easier that way. One of my retainers broke straight away. Was probably broken on the car already by the way it fell right off. I was able to just reach under and catch the threads and it holds fine.

I had a part of the HID system that was DOA. Ed replaced it no problem, but I'd suggest assembling everything outside the car and then laying the new lights on top of the engine bay and hooking them up before starting on the install to make sure everything is working. It's easier to do this on the side opposite the battery and washer tank (passenger side in the US) as there's more room and both lights use the same connector so it will work fine.

tuck3r53

Seems about right. I did it without removing the bumper cover personally as I didn't have anyone to help me remove it at the time and I didn't want to scratch it. But, there is the risk as mentioned of scratching it on the sides and you will have to bend and snap some stuff in and out that you might not be comfortable with as well as getting your hand in some spots that are pretty tight. So, if you have a second person or are careful it's probably easier that way. One of my retainers broke straight away. Was probably broken on the car already by the way it fell right off. I was able to just reach under and catch the threads and it holds fine.

I had a part of the HID system that was DOA. Ed replaced it no problem, but I'd suggest assembling everything outside the car and then laying the new lights on top of the engine bay and hooking them up before starting on the install to make sure everything is working. It's easier to do this on the side opposite the battery and washer tank (passenger side in the US) as there's more room and both lights use the same connector so it will work fine.

Thanks for the great replies. As someone that dabbles in computers, I have learned that you should always test before going through the hassle of reinstalling everything completely before testing it to make sure it all works.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
They look great for a couple of years but every single Ed's replica headlights I've ever seen have had issues with the UV coating flaking off for no reason whatsoever. My 2012 garage-kept JSW had the "type 3" 15-LED drl projectors and the top of them were flaking off pretty bad after 2 years. My new 2016 GSW's ed's replicas are already starting to show signs at the top and I've only had them 8 months.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
They look great for a couple of years but every single Ed's replica headlights I've ever seen have had issues with the UV coating flaking off for no reason whatsoever. My 2012 garage-kept JSW had the "type 3" 15-LED drl projectors and the top of them were flaking off pretty bad after 2 years. My new 2016 GSW's ed's replicas are already starting to show signs at the top and I've only had them 8 months.

2+ years with mine without issues, the failure rate on the MK7 style has been very low 1% maybe 2% even if they do, I would not claim that try as a whole will do the same thing. Isn't the warranty good for 1 year? Did you contact Ed about it?
I hope that you can solve it.