GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

murtaza911

Ready to race!
That's something that drives me crazy. And evryone thinks it's funny.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What's funny is I never used the knob after putting on the sticker because I knew it was oriented the right way... Of course the other day my brother turned the knob and now I have no idea of the orientation so I can use the knob freely now :D

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Installed a secondary pollen filter today. Ordered it from aliexpress. Quick small addition, welll see if it helps with some of the smells getting in from the engine bay.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
^
sabo has talked about this as well...

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
ordered one just now! looks interesting.

My 2012 JSW had a nasty ass "rotten yogurt" type of smell when you first turn on the fresh air. Must be something nasty rotting away inside the intake area outside of the firewall. I don't want that happening to my GSW and this would definitely fix that issue.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Did a few things today.
- Changed the cabin pollen filter with a new charcoal activated one
- USP hatch pop kit
-JcSportline carbon fibre spoiler.

The hatch pop kit is wayy to strong. It takes a lot of effort to close now. Guess I need to hit the gym ;).
I tried running only one shock, but it wasn't strong enough to pop open. It would work sometimes but not reliably so I had to run both shocks.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The hatch pop kit is wayy to strong. It takes a lot of effort to close now. Guess I need to hit the gym ;).
I tried running only one shock, but it wasn't strong enough to pop open. It would work sometimes but not reliably so I had to run both shocks.

[/QUOTE]

The hatch pop will get a little less strong with time.
Or I am just now in better shape due to work out.
In the cold under 30F you will be glad the shocks are stronger.
Opens slower in cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
which wing specifically is that? thoughts on install? fitment?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Sandman, thats good to know! Right now it's a major pain to use. So looking forward to it getting easier to close.

Basemode it's this wing: www.jcsportline.net/en/product-detail-4819.html
Install was simple, Just 3M double sided tape. Seems to be holding just fine. Fitment is actually really good! Much better than other wings from the same company. There is a small gap (couple mm), where you can see the old spoiler on the sides. But this is because I was too lazy when installing and didn't bother realigning. If I had an extra hand when putting it on I'm sure it could have been perfect.

I'm very happy with it though, I think it looks great and fit is good too.