GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)

Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #137
dchuee

Drives: 17 Alltrack SEL
Man, while the system is still working, it has had to be reset numerous times (as well as the phone) to get the two working again...each time I figure I've solved what needs to be done to avoid a malfunction, a new variable like a phone update seems to change something in the pairing...thus, an un-pairing/re-pairing of the phone and/or reset of both MIBII and phone...while I don't use the NAV for directions much, just seeing the map is comforting...hang in there fellow MKVII owners

Last edited by dchuee; 05-15-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: misspelling
dchuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #138
boxerpixie

Drives: 2017 Golf AllTrack, 1993 SLC Corrado, 1965 Beetle
2017 SEL Alltrack. Purchased end of February, have 2900 miles and also having nav/radio issues. (see long rambling saga below). Long story short, I called this dealer this morning - they said they've seen this in the Alltrack and I need an update. Appointment set for Wednesday morning.

On Saturday, suddenly, I was unable to change radio stations, so I just turned the radio off, back on and it was fine. A couple hours later, same thing, though this time I was unable to turn radio system off or turn the volume down (thank god I was listening to the Grateful Dead at a normal volume and not Notorious B.I.G. at top volume as has been know to happen). Eventually, it turned off after repeated attempts. Then when I got home, I turned off the car, opened the door and the radio stayed on for much longer than normal.

Yesterday morning, head to the farmer's market while jamming out to the Grateful Dead; turn off the car, open the door and the radio stays on. Close and lock the door. I can still hear the radio. Open, close and lock twice before radio turns itself off.
This morning while driving to work, the radio randomly switched from AM to Sirius XM (Grateful Dead channel BTW LOL) and the when I tried to push any of the other buttons - nada. Then when I clicked on the Navigation button, it just showed the US map with the circling "loading" button and the radio audio cut off, when I pushed the INFO button it went back to the Navigation loading screen. And then it shut off on it's own.
boxerpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #139
Apw36

Drives: 2017 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerpixie View Post
This morning while driving to work, the radio randomly switched from AM to Sirius XM (Grateful Dead channel BTW LOL) and the when I tried to push any of the other buttons - nada. Then when I clicked on the Navigation button, it just showed the US map with the circling "loading" button and the radio audio cut off, when I pushed the INFO button it went back to the Navigation loading screen. And then it shut off on it's own.
Sometimes removing the navigation SD card helps with the reboots and malfunctions. However, then you will not have navigation...
Apw36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #140
mad_sb

Drives: 17 Golf R 6MT
My 17R started doing the reboots about 1 week after I purchased it. 1st trip to the dealer they updated the software, worked for a few days then started to reboot again. As others said, ejecting the SD card stopped the reboots but no nav... 2nd trip to the dealer they replaced the brain in the glovebox. So far so good, it's been about 2 weeks since I got it back.
mad_sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:18 AM   #141
boxerpixie

Drives: 2017 Golf AllTrack, 1993 SLC Corrado, 1965 Beetle
I just took in my 2017 Alltrack for same issue. They had to do an upgrade on the infotainment system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
boxerpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #142
njswider

Drives: MK7 R DSG
I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I have been shopping around for R's, and bought one this weekend. I don't use the VW nav as I'm a Waze guy but if I experience any issues I will report back. Looks like they are still using the same part number.

MY 01/17
Part# 3Q0035876A
Hardware 840
Software 0751
njswider is offline   Reply With Quote