GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling NPM

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I know the Forum loves JB4 more then anything but does the NPM have no place?
At $200-$250 used a young or new owner would like this unit. Not everyone wants to spring for a JB1/4, data cable, wireless hook up.
Is the NPM unsafe for owner to use?
If not then there may be a small place for it as an entry unit.
Not questioning which is better, just wondering if the feeling is NPM should not be used or the Forum just likes JB4?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The problem is you can get a jb1 and cable for $200-225 shipped. For $25-50 more that's where people are turning too.

Now, I tried the NPM and it was fine. I definitely noticed a difference once I took it off. It's good for someone that wants a little power boost and nothing else. But, the market is flooded with them due to everyone going jb1/4, Cobb, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The problem is you can get a jb1 and cable for $200-225 shipped. For $25-50 more that's where people are turning too.

Now, I tried the NPM and it was fine. I definitely noticed a difference once I took it off. It's good for someone that wants a little power boost and nothing else. But, the market is flooded with them due to everyone going jb1/4, Cobb, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with your comments.
I just think the NPM is portrayed in a bad light.
I think JB4 has pushed the JB1 used price down and thus the NPM price down.
I just want Forum Members who are new to know as you stated it is an option and from my experience a very noticeable difference. Just sharing.