GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vogtland coilovers

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been trying to find a coilover that didn't go too low (HPA SHS performance sounds perfect on paper, but a little hesitant on that much of a drop), but still provided better handling than stock suspension. Vogtlands seem to fit the criteria, but input about them seem to be somewhat limited on the forums. I was curious how people felt about the comfort/performance vs other setups/stock, and how they feel at speed on the highway.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Not to sway you one way or another, and folks that have vogtlands can chime in, but the specs seem to be about the same for a GTI. Vogtland with a min drop of 25mm (on paper) and HPA with an actual min drop in the rear of 30mm (can go less in the front).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
TBH, it was your and 2015WhiteGTI's reviews that turned me on to the HPAs. I just remember you saying that you had wished the ride was a little bit higher. I'm personally not a big fan of the super low look, my interests lie more with the handling rather than the appearance of being super flush. I was looking into DG on some after market shocks, but saw that you had done it with the B8's and said the handling wasn't as good as you would have liked, so I figure at that price point I should just be going for coilovers instead of some spring/shock combo.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Got it. To clarify, I was just talking about the rear because their specs said the rear drop was 20-50mm but the min drop is 30 per above. I wanted a smidge more in the back. I am at 25.75" FTG all the way around which is about 1/4" lower the DGs and about 1/4" higher than other springs I've tried. There is a slight reverse rake look at some angles with the way I have it set up, but I'm not willing to drop the front. It handles and rides really well. No real concerns.

Anyway, if you like what you have read about the HPA's I wouldn't it sway you unless you need even more ride height.

Here's how it looks (max height in the rear, and plenty of room either way in the front):

Last edited:

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Correct. And no rubbing at all at this height. When I was lower I got some rubbing in the front but that was easily fixed by removing the fender liner screw.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Ive been rocking the Vogt's for 1.5 years now. Shoot me a message if you still have questions