GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

Likely. 235/35 PS Cup 2 tires tend to run wide and Nordschleife has pretty extreme undulations.
TT control arms + ball joints would definitely let things get some closer.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
So leading control arm bush is the same across the board eh?

Just the trailing one is different. Interesting.

So to recap, as long as you get the complete TT(8S) arm it should work whether you have the A3 aluminum subframe or the regular ole stamped steel one?

Yes, same. It's solid rubber anyway.
Yes, fits both subframes. Any A3's got the alu subframe from factory,
but still the standard steel control arms. Same geometry.

enjoyminutemaid

Ready to race!
So leading control arm bush is the same across the board eh?

Just the trailing one is different. Interesting.

So to recap, as long as you get the complete TT(8S) arm it should work whether you have the A3 aluminum subframe or the regular ole stamped steel one?

Yes, subframe centerpiece shouldn't matter, but you need the arms AND ball joints from the TT (8S) for proper fitment.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Sub'd!

Probably good to share this information at this place:

Anyone running the S3/TTS aluminium subframe should also use these: WHT006844 (2 pcs). This part shows up in ETKA for every model running aluminium subframe (A3, S3, RS3, TTS, Passat, Leon, etc). I would also recommend new bolts.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Sub'd
Great info.
Just ordered full SuperPro bushing and LCA kit
To go with the aluminum subframe.
Have also ordered the Clubsport S swivels.

What would be great is if SuperPro made LCA with matching bolt pattern for the TT ball joint. Then we will have everything.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Sub'd
Great info.
Just ordered full SuperPro bushing and LCA kit
To go with the aluminum subframe.
Have also ordered the Clubsport S swivels.

What would be great is if SuperPro made LCA with matching bolt pattern for the TT ball joint. Then we will have everything.

SuperPro LCA should not match with TT ball joint since they have different installation. I haven't try this though.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
This part does not fit the Mk 7, as stated on their website. Correspondence I have had with Superpro confirms it doesn't fit with BBK and possibly PP brakes. Here is a snippet of that correspondence:

"Only bad news I'm afraid with regard to offering a ball joint kit for the MK7/MQB cars.

We went through a number of design iterations but could not devise a solution we were happy with due to the suspension/brake packaging on the new cars. To obtain the required geometry change there simply isn't enough clearance to the brake rotor on the OE Golf R/GTI Performance Pack cars or any aftermarket brake upgrade we trialed. Similar limitations were involved in the range of camber adjustment. Ultimately we simply didn't feel we could deliver a component that would do what we needed it to do - satisfying the available clearances would have compromised all of the outcomes we set out to achieve.

The MK7 also offers better roll center geometry than the prior platform so that portion of the upgrade was less dire. We have some other solutions in the works now, but nothing I can release any information on at this time."

And later, "Sorry, no adjustable ball joint in the works for the MK7 any longer as the packaging limits the ability to offer adjustment and proper geometry thereafter."

Also, this part is listed as compatible with steel swivels. GTI is aluminum.

That said, it will be interesting to see if you get it to work.

Last edited:

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
SuperPro LCA should not match with TT ball joint since they have different installation. I haven't try this though.

I did try. Bolt pattern is not compatible.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
So I'll be needing to cancel the SuperPro adjustable ball joint. A new phone call is needed then.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Just spoke with SuperPro.
They confirmed the issue with there adjustable ball joint.
Order is canceled for now. But they are working on a new solution.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Front bushings are the same on CSS/TTS/GTI/R. Only the rear (horizontal) bushings are different. My R came with E revision and CSS/TTS have "F" revision (no voids). They feel very nice. Firm without really sacrificing comfort.

More pictures:

And final results today:

Translated it in mspaint :)
Ball joints were set to the closest point to the subframe (less negative camber)
Couldn't set it better as the front-left VWR spring sits lower by 13mm!! (compared to front-right) No success with the level sensors and won't bother with them until I fix that damn spring.
Note that negative camber comes from lowering springs also. Planning on -2.3 to -2.4 after (-2.5 seems a little too much for daily driving?)

Thanks for sharing. But I cannot see pics:(