GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

60k and 70k miles service for 2014 TSI auto

EEDJ

I'm at 70k miles and didn't do a 60k mile service. I might have skipped the 50k also. Dealer quoted about $1000 for plugs, auto trans fluid change, filters, induction service?, rotate tires, etc. I've been changing the oil and filter every 5k miles so there's no issues with gunked up oil. Is this a reasonable price?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I'm at 70k miles and didn't do a 60k mile service. I might have skipped the 50k also. Dealer quoted about $1000 for plugs, auto trans fluid change, filters, induction service?, rotate tires, etc. I've been changing the oil and filter every 5k miles so there's no issues with gunked up oil. Is this a reasonable price?

That's crazy. I'd just do it myself.

A dsg service you do need every 40k miles, and those run around $300 if you choose to have a stealership do it. There is some dsg oil level calibration that needs to be done electronically and with the car at certain temps, so I could almost see having a dealer do that if you don't have VCDS or aren't comfortable with the calibration procedure.

If you aren't willing to follow a Youtube video and knock out the plugs and filters yourself, well then I guess you better get your wallet out. They are all super easy to do though.

The "induction service" is just dealer upselling bullshit that is not on the service schedule for your car. It probably consists of a tech spraying some chemical into your throttle body for 10 minutes and will have negligible if any benefit. Skip it.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
If you are in Indiana, you mean you have a USA 2015 model TSI correct? If yes, then there is no DSG, just regular auto. I would also recommend doing these things yourself if you are able, you will save a lot of $.

EEDJ

If you are in Indiana, you mean you have a USA 2015 model TSI correct? If yes, then there is no DSG, just regular auto. I would also recommend doing these things yourself if you are able, you will save a lot of $.

You're right it's a 2015 and a regular auto. They would also do a brake flush in that price. I'll look for some videos to see what's involved.