GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Didn't you have an all-lip or something similar before this maxton lip? How hard was it to get off and get all the adhesive off? Any special tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Didn't you have an all-lip or something similar before this maxton lip? How hard was it to get off and get all the adhesive off? Any special tricks?

You can just pull it off, adhesive mostly stuck to the lip anyway. I had a couple screws to but that's it.

You could heat it up or do it on a hot day if you're worried about it not coming off easy though.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
5mm H&R spacers up front. Might not be super noticeable in pics, but it is much better in person vs before.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Q: Was that MK VII badge custom? I don't see it on their site, looks really sick.

Was a discontinued item. Only place I've seen them is eBay

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Been a while since I posted. Update:

Debating on moving down to 17" wheels. Srsly considering. Never thought I'd be in this position but after moving back up here these potholes are ridiculous. I've preserved my wheels with vigilant driving but it's too annoying, and a problem waiting to happen. Wanted to wait until winter to buy a winter setup but I can't handle these Jersey roads all summer (In the car way too much). Looking for a little more comfort, and even lighter wheel package wouldn't hurt. Montegi MR131s and Neuspeed 05's are on my radar. Will consider pulling the trigger if I can find a buyer for the VMRs, tires included [emoji106]

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

Debating on moving down to 17" wheels. Srsly considering. Never thought I'd be in this position but after moving back up here these potholes are ridiculous. I've preserved my wheels with vigilant driving but it's too annoying, and a problem waiting to happen. Wanted to wait until winter to buy a winter setup but I can't handle these Jersey roads all summer (In the car way too much). Looking for a little more comfort, and even lighter wheel package wouldn't hurt. Montegi MR131s and Neuspeed 05's are on my radar. Will consider pulling the trigger if I can find a buyer for the VMRs, tires included [emoji106]

After having a run in with a pothole I too am considering a 17" setup after nailing a pothole on the highway bubbling my tire and bending the stock wheel a bit too... the only thing that gives me pause is those massive pp brakes.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Oh man. If I was in the market for wheels right now, I'd be all over them 804s.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks man let me know if I can change your mind [emoji41]

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
After having a run in with a pothole I too am considering a 17" setup after nailing a pothole on the highway bubbling my tire and bending the stock wheel a bit too... the only thing that gives me pause is those massive pp brakes.

That sucks man. It's really bad when you're driving then out of nowhere there's just a 1 foot hole in the middle of the road. It's a visceral experience for me; my entire body tenses up lol.

As for brakes, I've seen quite a few R's running 17's so I imagine it's workable.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
That sucks man. It's really bad when you're driving then out of nowhere there's just a 1 foot hole in the middle of the road. It's a visceral experience for me; my entire body tenses up lol.

As for brakes, I've seen quite a few R's running 17's so I imagine it's workable.

Move to Birmingham!:rolleyes:

Jondar

Ready to race!

How much are you selling the VMR's for? Would you be interested in a trade with 17 Madrids plus cash? :D

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Move to Birmingham!:rolleyes:

You're opening up old wounds [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Alabama certainly had its downsides but I miss not needing a winter setup

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
While looking for wheels I've decided a wider one (8.5) would def be better Bc I'm tired of spacers for flush. I probably shouldn't have started looking Bc now I found a new wheel I rly dig. 11-spoke design, lightweight, being in the 19lb range for 18x8.5. Love this satin graphite finish too:

Still weighing 17" options but if I do go 18 these plus some new wider tires would give me better wheel protection [emoji16] Hard to move down from 18s

Last edited:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion