GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Guys, this thread became so much better after I muted V a few weeks ago but when you quote him and reply I am forced to read more of his unhelpful opinions. I suggest you ignore his comments that are not productive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Vincenz

Ready to race!
All people will see is unrefuted evidence and some CSS owners who would rather not be miffed about their purchases. Let the facts speak for themselves.

FTFY!

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
One thing I forgot to mention when I did it about 2 weeks ago. I am a bit of a detailing freak and found a ceramic coating designed for wheels, brake calipers, and exhaust tips: https://www.carboncollectiveusa.com/products/platinum-wheels-coating-v2

Figured it would be a good idea to coat the CSS tips now to help keep them as shiny and pristine as possible over time. With the freer flowing internal design, the tips do seem to get more carbon/soot in the same amount of time.

I washed the car after work this evening after a week of soot buildup, and the tips cleaned up as good as new with just water and a quick wipe. No scrubbing or polishing needed. Seriously impressed with the coating and definitely recommend it. Supposedly can last up to 2 years. (All of my plastic trim is similarly coated with Adam's Polishes Ceramic Trim Coating as well and I've been equally impressed).

Figured some of you guys might want to do the same. Here's a pic from the day I cleaned and coated them:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
One thing I forgot to mention when I did it about 2 weeks ago. I am a bit of a detailing freak and found a ceramic coating designed for wheels, brake calipers, and exhaust tips: https://www.carboncollectiveusa.com/products/platinum-wheels-coating-v2

Figured it would be a good idea to coat the CSS tips now to help keep them as shiny and pristine as possible over time. With the freer flowing internal design, the tips do seem to get more carbon/soot in the same amount of time.

I washed the car after work this evening after a week of soot buildup, and the tips cleaned up as good as new with just water and a quick wipe. No scrubbing or polishing needed. Seriously impressed with the coating and definitely recommend it. Supposedly can last up to 2 years. (All of my plastic trim is similarly coated with Adam's Polishes Ceramic Trim Coating as well and I've been equally impressed).

Figured some of you guys might want to do the same. Here's a pic from the day I cleaned and coated them:

Interested for wheel use.
Also for tips, Aluminum Foil and a little WD40.
You can use detailers spray but aluminum foil will clean the dirtiest in seconds.
Honest! Try it.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Interested for wheel use.
Also for tips, Aluminum Foil and a little WD40.
You can use detailers spray but aluminum foil will clean the dirtiest in seconds.
Honest! Try it.

I haven't gotten around to taking my wheels off and applying, but I do plan to at some point.

For the tips, I otherwise use NevrDull with great results - a quick wipe after each wash and my tips always look new. Because I wash my car so often, the tips never get fully caked with soot like some I've seen.

I have heard of the foil trick before, but with coca cola instead of WD40 believe it or not haha. I'd imagine that would work well for more caked on/very dirty tips.

Last edited:

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Water and a microfiber towel for the easy stuff. Meguiars compound and a microfiber towel for medium stuff. Mag polish and microfiber towel for the tough stuff.

Aluminum foil and wd40 is for peasants and people who don't care about the details.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Muted. Man...I feel so chill and zen now.

[emoji41]

veradom

Just finished installing my CSS Muffler. Had an issue with that exhaust cutting tool not wanting to cut the stock muffler off so it took longer than it should have.

Muffler came wrapped in in a lot of bubble wrap so didn't experience some dented pipes some of you had.

Here's a quick poorly shot video of how it sounds on a manual

https://youtu.be/TvbISzXOmXQ

jayrm14

Passed Driver's Ed
Just finished installing my CSS Muffler. Had an issue with that exhaust cutting tool not wanting to cut the stock muffler off so it took longer than it should have.

Muffler came wrapped in in a lot of bubble wrap so didn't experience some dented pipes some of you had.

Here's a quick poorly shot video of how it sounds on a manual

https://youtu.be/TvbISzXOmXQ

Sounds great, what mods do you have?

patrick44523

Good news out of Latvia! I can't wait and it's such a surprise.

Dear Patrick,

We are happy to let you know that your order has been shipped today. We will update your tracking details shortly.

Taking a discount in consideration, the shipping difference is only USD 2.57. The manager has agreed to cover this for you :)

We hope that you receive your order soon and will be satisfied with your purchase.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have nay further queries.

Kind Regards,
Natalja

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Doesn't matter, I can still hear nype and his lack of evidence. Thanks for actually listening to the mods for once. That much less fluff now, more chance for facts and objectivity.

jayrm14

Passed Driver's Ed
Good news out of Latvia! I can't wait and it's such a surprise.

Dear Patrick,

We are happy to let you know that your order has been shipped today. We will update your tracking details shortly.

Taking a discount in consideration, the shipping difference is only USD 2.57. The manager has agreed to cover this for you :)

We hope that you receive your order soon and will be satisfied with your purchase.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have nay further queries.

Kind Regards,
Natalja

Mine shipped as well. The delivery date is next Monday, 4/24. Very excited.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Idiot!

Water and a microfiber towel for the easy stuff. Meguiars compound and a microfiber towel for medium stuff. Mag polish and microfiber towel for the tough stuff.

Aluminum foil and wd40 is for peasants and people who don't care about the details.

Great reply idiot! Yes I called you a name because it fits!
The stuff you are using takes more effort than is needed because it sort of works. Aluminum foils works in seconds on even the hardest spot. It has nothing to do with details or caring. Regarding my car or anything I do in life I will challenge my work ethic, caring or detail oriented efforts against yours any day. I will also put up my ability to work and interact with other people far above your odd abilities. For proof I offer the Forum Members as Judge and Jury.

I find the Ignore option on forums as an odd way to handle idiots like yourself who have a hard time interacting successfully with other people. In my work we deal with personnel issues and resolve them so people can work together. The problem here is you make no effort to interact successfully nor do you really know anything. This is a fact, as you offer nothing of benefit to the discussion and your suggestions or statements offer no help. Forum Member Breaking Badly is the opposite of you. He offers facts and detailed info that helps all of us and often keeps his replies short and to the point.

Apparently no one will keep you in check so as of today your off my list. FYI, in 2 years on the forum you are the first one that has been crossed off. If we have many more like you then no one will visit this Forum.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Sorry, I don't need to agree with someone who advises using aluminum foil on chrome. It may be easier and faster, but WILL produce hairline scratches. For people who care about achieving and maintaining the best finish of their tips, compounds and polishes along with soft microfiber is the correct way. Like I said, if you cared enough about the details you would understand. This kind of knee-jerk reaction just proves my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.