GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QuickJack - In Action

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Finally pulled the trigger on a QuickJack... needless to say, I'm pleased, very pleased...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So that's about $2,000 for the pair?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Man every garage should be built with one of these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Very nice. I've been thinking about buying one. How high is that? I think they say 24"?

Pictured the vehicle is at 19.5 inches using the big rubber blocks. If I stack the rubber blocks, 21.5 inches.

So that's about $2,000 for the pair?

Paid $1490 for the BL-7000SLX; shipping was included.

Man every garage should be built with one of these.

Agreed; gives me additional peace of mind with the two safety latches

Can we get an "Amen"!

Amen!

I wish I had one just to clean the lower part of the car and the wheels without using a wheeled stool. :)

I've already done this; my back is thanking me.

Looks good. However for $2,000 you could get a higher capacity scissor hoist, with double the max height.A Bendpak for example. But its probably overkill for a home garage.

Paid $1490 for the BL-7000SLX model. QuickJack has a 3500 and 5000 model at lower price points but with reduced lifting capacity.

Jondar

Ready to race!
Paid $1490 for the BL-7000SLX model. QuickJack has a 3500 and 5000 model at lower price points but with reduced lifting capacity.

It honestly looks good, I like the portability of it and the fact that it doesn't steal underbody space. Be sure to do periodic inspections on it. These types of lifts work a bit differently than jacks. Check to make sure all screws, bolts and safety pins are secured. Check to see if safety locks are functioning properly. It should of come with a operation/maintenance manual. I've seen these things fail time and time again due to improper care/use. Be safe.

https://www.quickjack.com/media/wysiwyg/Downloads/QuickJack-Manual-Rev-B-05-11-16-WEB.pdf - Operation Manual if you need it.

Last edited:

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I'm sooo close to buying one of these. Is there any chance you could give examples of how much workspace you have? Do you still have to wiggle around a lot or catch yourself getting your arm caught at an angle?

Did you get the DC or AC version? I look at these as a GREAT option in DC for the track days. Just throw them in the back with the seats down and you can do quick work of fluid changes and so forth.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
It honestly looks good, I like the portability of it and the fact that it doesn't steal underbody space. Be sure to do periodic inspections on it. These types of lifts work a bit differently than jacks. Check to make sure all screws, bolts and safety pins are secured. Check to see if safety locks are functioning properly. It should of come with a operation/maintenance manual. I've seen these things fail time and time again due to improper care/use. Be safe.

https://www.quickjack.com/media/wysiwyg/Downloads/QuickJack-Manual-Rev-B-05-11-16-WEB.pdf - Operation Manual if you need it.

That's the plan; the manual states the each use, monthly, semi-annual and annual maintenance.

I'm sooo close to buying one of these. Is there any chance you could give examples of how much workspace you have? Do you still have to wiggle around a lot or catch yourself getting your arm caught at an angle?

Did you get the DC or AC version? I look at these as a GREAT option in DC for the track days. Just throw them in the back with the seats down and you can do quick work of fluid changes and so forth.

I have yet to catch myself in an awkward angle; however, I do recommend getting a quality creeper so you can work on your back. I purchased the 110 volt version as the majority of the tracks I visit have electrical outlets in the pits.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Did you bougkt the pinch weld rubber blocks? Or just the ones coming with the jack?

I do not have an R, but a GTI and this has pinch welded jack points
I use the ones that came with the QuickJack and the hockey pucks with pinch weld cutout from ECS Tuning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
I just bought the exact same model for the same price $1490 shipped. I bought the 7000 with the longer frame because the lift contact points on the 5000 and the 3500 series are several inches too short to lift on the recommended jacking points on the GTI.

So with the shorter models the jack contact points would lift further in toward the center of the vehicle instead of on the recommended jacking points. Might not be an issue, but for $200 extra dollars I also don't have to worry about weight limitations on wife's car or future cars.

Today I just received two of my four packages shipped from the manufacturer, with the other two due for delivery on Monday.
So psyched for this because I have a few projects for my car lined up and waiting for this. Intercooler, koni yellows, DSG service, summer wheels back on.

OP- How was the assembly process on this? looks pretty straight forward. Any missing parts etc?