GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drilling through pedals?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I initially wanted that until I saw the price. $45 just for the 'extension', which only works if you have their $95 gas pedal already. You still have to drill through the pedal as well.

SRP you can custom order pedals and even their design if you let them know, and at a reasonable price.

Not trying to knock Rennline, it's a quality looking product. I just can't get over the cost.

:/

Fair enough. The quality really is top notch though. I don't regret doing it on my car.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Bumping this thread out of frustration for my stock pedals. Is there a good custom pedal setup for the mk7 yet? SRP doesn't seem to have anything. Any way to lower the brake pedal to the gas pedal height, instead of raising the gas pedal to the brake pedal's height?

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just received my pedals from SRP and have not installed them yet, or even looked at my car since it's in a freezer right now. Do you remove the pedal covers first or attach over them?

Did you get the pedals installed yet?

I'm curious as to what you ordered since there are so many options. I imagine they look similar to the Mk4 pedals listed on their website.

I had a nice set of pedals on my BMW with a small extension on the throttle. It made things so much easier for me to heel-toe. I was just learning then and don't really have a problem with the GTI as is, but I would like some more grip on the clutch and brake.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Bumping this thread out of frustration for my stock pedals. Is there a good custom pedal setup for the mk7 yet? SRP doesn't seem to have anything. Any way to lower the brake pedal to the gas pedal height, instead of raising the gas pedal to the brake pedal's height?

Short of fabricating something custom, no. Raising the gas pedal is definitely the easier route to go.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Short of fabricating something custom, no. Raising the gas pedal is definitely the easier route to go.

What kind of shop would I go to for this type of custom fabrication? Is there a shop skilled enough to machine their own pedals and install them and cut and reweld the brake pedal at all? I seriously hate the pedals in this car so much I would probably pay a good chunk of change to fix what VW broke.

My other option would be to raise the gas pedal like you said, but then I'm too far to comfortably operate the clutch. So I would have to somehow raise the clutch engagement point. And I've had no luck getting anyone to explain how that can be done. Can I adjust the master/slave cylinders so I can raise the engagement point somehow?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I just need to know what type of drill bits do i need to get through this brake pedal? I've already broken 4 different tips.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What kind of shop would I go to for this type of custom fabrication? Is there a shop skilled enough to machine their own pedals and install them and cut and reweld the brake pedal at all? I seriously hate the pedals in this car so much I would probably pay a good chunk of change to fix what VW broke.

My other option would be to raise the gas pedal like you said, but then I'm too far to comfortably operate the clutch. So I would have to somehow raise the clutch engagement point. And I've had no luck getting anyone to explain how that can be done. Can I adjust the master/slave cylinders so I can raise the engagement point somehow?

Couldn't tell you honestly. Try a local race shop. I don't see a normal mechanic shop wanting to take that on as it sounds like a pain and is un explored territory, there is liability for the shop if it doesn't work. You're going to pay an arm and a leg for this after all the R&D that the shop will have to do. Buy a lift plate for the gas pedal and call it a day. Don't worry about raising the clutch engagement point, your right foot will learn the new distance on the gas pedal after a few days of driving.