GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 04-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #18
2015WhiteGTI

Drives: 2015 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapin240 View Post
I just received my pedals from SRP and have not installed them yet, or even looked at my car since it's in a freezer right now. Do you remove the pedal covers first or attach over them?
Did you get the pedals installed yet?

I'm curious as to what you ordered since there are so many options. I imagine they look similar to the Mk4 pedals listed on their website.

I had a nice set of pedals on my BMW with a small extension on the throttle. It made things so much easier for me to heel-toe. I was just learning then and don't really have a problem with the GTI as is, but I would like some more grip on the clutch and brake.
2015 GTI S, 6M, LP, Volk TE37SL 17x8.5, Michelin PSS 245/40, HPA SHS Coil-Overs, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE, Eurocode F/R Sway Bars, SuperPro Control Arms, Remus Catback, APR Stage 1 Tune, APR CAI, Aero Force Gauge Pod, APR Boost Gauge, Kersher Front Lip, Short Shifter, Tyrolsport Deadset, 034 Insert, A/S3 Aluminum Subframe
2015WhiteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #19
Jay745

Drives: K04 mk6 gti, mk5 rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroadb View Post
Bumping this thread out of frustration for my stock pedals. Is there a good custom pedal setup for the mk7 yet? SRP doesn't seem to have anything. Any way to lower the brake pedal to the gas pedal height, instead of raising the gas pedal to the brake pedal's height?
Short of fabricating something custom, no. Raising the gas pedal is definitely the easier route to go.

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
Jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #20
euroadb

Drives: 2016 GTI SE w/ PP LP 6MT Pure White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay745 View Post
Short of fabricating something custom, no. Raising the gas pedal is definitely the easier route to go.
What kind of shop would I go to for this type of custom fabrication? Is there a shop skilled enough to machine their own pedals and install them and cut and reweld the brake pedal at all? I seriously hate the pedals in this car so much I would probably pay a good chunk of change to fix what VW broke.

My other option would be to raise the gas pedal like you said, but then I'm too far to comfortably operate the clutch. So I would have to somehow raise the clutch engagement point. And I've had no luck getting anyone to explain how that can be done. Can I adjust the master/slave cylinders so I can raise the engagement point somehow?
euroadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
Lord_Flexington

Drives: '15 GTI LP PP|'01 CBR 929
I just need to know what type of drill bits do i need to get through this brake pedal? I've already broken 4 different tips.

P1 GTI TCR-->http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25994
Lord_Flexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #22
Jay745

Drives: K04 mk6 gti, mk5 rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroadb View Post
What kind of shop would I go to for this type of custom fabrication? Is there a shop skilled enough to machine their own pedals and install them and cut and reweld the brake pedal at all? I seriously hate the pedals in this car so much I would probably pay a good chunk of change to fix what VW broke.

My other option would be to raise the gas pedal like you said, but then I'm too far to comfortably operate the clutch. So I would have to somehow raise the clutch engagement point. And I've had no luck getting anyone to explain how that can be done. Can I adjust the master/slave cylinders so I can raise the engagement point somehow?
Couldn't tell you honestly. Try a local race shop. I don't see a normal mechanic shop wanting to take that on as it sounds like a pain and is un explored territory, there is liability for the shop if it doesn't work. You're going to pay an arm and a leg for this after all the R&D that the shop will have to do. Buy a lift plate for the gas pedal and call it a day. Don't worry about raising the clutch engagement point, your right foot will learn the new distance on the gas pedal after a few days of driving.

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
Jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote