GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What company to Remap Golf GTD

jigme

Hi Guys,

[FONT=&quot]Wanting to Remap my 2016 Golf GTD, but don’t know what company to go for. The options are Star Performance with an Oscarli remap, but I have never heard of Oscarli before. Falkland Performance Centre with a Revo remap. Carbon Chip tuning, but they never answer their phone or reply to emails. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am open to other suggestions, but no tuning boxes please.[/FONT]

mondo

Ready to race!
I was contemplating a "remap" on my 2016 GTD.
After extensive research Carbon Chip Tuning's Bluefin seemed like the ideal solution
I wanted something that could be removed and be (virtually) untraceable when the car goes in for a service.

I did extensive research on all the re-map and piggy back options available, there are plenty!

Today I received and installed a DTUK CRD-3 piggyback system

I am impressed!

Last edited:

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
I am also thinking about having my gtd remapped. I stay in fife so for me it would be star performance of Falkland performance. Falkland also do superchips so that's 3 map programs to choose from. :confused:. My last car was a mk5 140 with a Tunit tuning box fitted it went well but was a wee bit smokey. I am also considering the dtuk box but if I bought one it would be a used one. I drive sensibly so im just looking for a bit more power for an odd blast. So for me nothing harsh more smooth delivery as I don't want any clutch slip. Will a remap let me rev slightly over 4000rpm? I found my tunit box gave me a wee bit more maybe 4200-4300rpm.

Last edited:

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a Revo on my mk6 overwrote my superchips when they had an offer on..wish i hadn't...wasn't in my opinion as good

Yeah i'm not amazed by it to be honest.

Had APR stage one on my mk6 GTi and it was great, was a proper change in dynamics for that car and really brought the engine alive, I know its petrol so behaves differently but I expected a lot more from REVO from the figures claimed on their site for the CR184 engines. Wish I'd gone with Carbonchip based on other peoples reviews.

Last edited:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Why not try the DTUK box, as it has a 14day money back guarantee if you don't like it. Plus it is not going to void your warranty.

mondo

Ready to race!
Why not try the DTUK box, as it has a 14day money back guarantee if you don't like it. Plus it is not going to void your warranty.

Agreed, the DTUK plug in options are great and DTUK also offer a free software swap if you ever change your vehicle.