GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Long Did Your Front Lip Last?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yes it does take time to get used to driving a low car, there are also going to be situations where scraping will be unavoidable. If you're going down a narrow steep drive...it will be impossible to angle. I've seen front bumpers come off in those situations. I've been wanting the Maxton lip...but I'll just end up grinding down the sides.

I had a Mk3 with an Abt lip...I had to paint it couple times a year.

Here is my Corrado. You can see the sides of the lip spoiler getting grinded away. For me...its always the sides that get scraped up...from angling out of driveways.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Cool thanks for the info guys. Didn't know you could patch up the fraying. Will have to check into that.

When you take your lip off for the winter, does that mean you only use screws and no adhesive? I'll be moving to Colorado eventually so I need to get up to speed on the winterizing tips and tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screws yes. The ones that came with the lip. Probably 8 in total. I haven’t experienced the need for adhesive. In fact, I think it might make it too rigid and unable to flex when it does get scrapped. I take off the bumper before the winter to remove the lip around the same time i swap out to winter wheels/tires.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm such a doofus. I always knew the clearance in my driveway wasn't great but I never bothered to actually get out the car and check until today. At best I have an inch clearance. Welp I guess I have wait till we move before I install the lip that I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk