GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 3+ Members

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
The shop I use bought a dyno 3 weeks ago and is almost ready. The problem I am running into is APR does not do dyno tuning. I am wondering what size turbo IROZ was using.
Honestly if your going for the biggest numbers seriously consider Iroz our 7163 is a 61lb/min turbo and is kinda comparable to the IMS575 the one I showed you a dyno of was a IMS780 its capable of 78lb/min way larger.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

USA

Ready to race!
Honestly if your going for the biggest numbers seriously consider Iroz our 7163 is a 61lb/min turbo and is kinda comparable to the IMS575 the one I showed you a dyno of was a IMS780 its capable of 78lb/min way larger.

Thank you for posting this info. APRs built long block comes with valve springs also. Would like to spin this puppy to 7500 rpm or more. But as usual I will be buying and reselling parts kits.

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
Thank you for posting this info. APRs built long block comes with valve springs also. Would like to spin this puppy to 7500 rpm or more. But as usual I will be buying and reselling parts kits.
I know the UM/IRroz built car has the IMS 780 9.5 car spinning up to 8k. Iroz also build motors id seriously give them a call.

USA

Ready to race!
I know the UM/IRroz built car has the IMS 780 9.5 car spinning up to 8k. Iroz also build motors id seriously give them a call.

They are 2000 miles from me. My shop that is a APR dealer is 8 miles from me. They are certified Audi techs and know our cars inside n out. Great guys.

Asfa

Passed Driver's Ed
Regarding the DSG anything over 550 ftlb of torque will start breaking the forks and other internal parts in the tranny , someone posted a video in one of those FB groups about him breaking his tranny and he said he was making 750nm and his tranny was pretty much destroyed internally. I have heard about people swapping the dg250 for a dg500 which is supposed to be a lot stronger

USA

Ready to race!
Regarding the DSG anything over 550 ftlb of torque will start breaking the forks and other internal parts in the tranny , someone posted a video in one of those FB groups about him breaking his tranny and he said he was making 750nm and his tranny was pretty much destroyed internally. I have heard about people swapping the dg250 for a dg500 which is supposed to be a lot stronger
Is this the trans. that blew up and took out the engine with it?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Is this the trans. that blew up and took out the engine with it?

No, its our transmission on our Golf R. It can be avoided by limiting torque in first gear and on our side we weren't pussy footing the power in first. It is a non issue unless you really going for serious power and even then it can get tuned to be safe leaving some torque limitation in the DSG software for the first two gears.

A few guys have broken trannies but more on the turbos that can produce high torque values early in the rpm range.

USA

Ready to race!
No, its our transmission on our Golf R. It can be avoided by limiting torque in first gear and on our side we weren't pussy footing the power in first. It is a non issue unless you really going for serious power and even then it can get tuned to be safe leaving some torque limitation in the DSG software for the first two gears.

A few guys have broken trannies but more on the turbos that can produce high torque values early in the rpm range.
Some serious TQ #s it must be. Just now got off the phone with one of my buddies that fabricates really really great performing turbo kits on another platform for street cars running in the 8s 1/4 mile. He told me what the F**K am I screwing around with 4-500 Ft. Lbs. TQ for. His kits make 1000+ TQ #s. I told him that I wanted to try another platform and the Golf-R is a quality car. I would like to overbore the cylinders for a 2.2-2.3 liter but seems nobody doing this. What is happening there in South Africa?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Some serious TQ #s it must be. Just now got off the phone with one of my buddies that fabricates really really great performing turbo kits on another platform for street cars running in the 8s 1/4 mile. He told me what the F**K am I screwing around with 4-500 Ft. Lbs. TQ for. His kits make 1000+ TQ #s. I told him that I wanted to try another platform and the Golf-R is a quality car. I would like to overbore the cylinders for a 2.2-2.3 liter but seems nobody doing this. What is happening there in South Africa?

Idk how much wall thickness our cylinders have to allow that large of an overbore.

Have you talked to APR or IE about it?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Idk how much wall thickness our cylinders have to allow that large of an overbore.

Have you talked to APR or IE about it?

EA888 Gen 3s have very thin walls to begin with, and boring out cylinders and weakening the block is almost always a very poor decision on a high boost application.

It's also a very ineffective way to make more power.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion