GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Cast Stage 2 turbocharger breaks 500WHP!

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
I would care more about where in the rev range do they make the same torque rather than where they make a certain PSI. One turbo's 20 PSI power output doesn't equal the other.

If the situation were one where all other things were equal I'd agree with the focus on the torque curve. In this case that is not what's going on and I'm curious to know how much difference there is in the initial boost pressure rise.

At lower engine speeds power output is likely to be similar at similar boost levels.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I think what people are missing here is this is just a proof of concept that this turbo is capable of 500+whp. It does not seem that VTT is telling people to run 30+psi on this turbo with stock internals daily.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I think what people are missing here is this is just a proof of concept that this turbo is capable of 500+whp. It does not seem that VTT is telling people to run 30+psi on this turbo with stock internals daily.

yup, and he refuses to show us what it will do setup the way 95% of the customers are going to run it.
another 400whp turbo on stock fueling, same as several options already out there.

jiannu

Ready to race!
yup, and he refuses to show us what it will do setup the way 95% of the customers are going to run it.
another 400whp turbo on stock fueling, same as several options already out there.
Let's just say it is a 400whp set up turbo....where the #$% are you going to find one at this price?!?!?! People here need to chill!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
My questions are to find out how the boost onset of the IS38 compares with the VTT turbo. There are statements being made that the difference is 'minimal' but learning that boost pressure readings were not made on the IS38 car I don't see how the claim is justified.

Here is a 3rd year WOT log of the is38. Hopefully this helps.

Hits about 26psi at 2600 rpms, Max is 27, taper to 22
Again, this is on 91 fueling, Cobb protuned, not super aggressive tune. Catted bull x downpipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Let's just say it is a 400whp set up turbo....where the #$% are you going to find one at this price?!?!?! People here need to chill!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
LOL, i have very good pricing from sources so the difference between this kit and what i want is not as much and basically the difference between a journal bearing and ball bearing turbo as far as price goes.
Also we do not know which brand of turbo this is, i'd like to know what i am buying regardless of price

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I get it, UM rocks. You act as if I question their ability, have you seen my avatar?

As for gambling, I would say Jeff would agree 460wtq is not something he usually tunes into a stock block, that was my point. At least the last 3-4 I have seen him do at both IROZ and Blue Water were intentionally kept in the low 400's.

Maybe time will prove it's able to hold more safely but as of today I think it's safe to say we are only comfortable at 420wtq ish with stock rotating assembly.
I was totally messing with you man, BASED on your avatar...:) I was told, they have reliably pushed 500WTQ on a stock motor, with soft onset, and not spikes. I made the choice to leave it at 450WTQ flat. Jeff spent about 4 hours on a Saturday morning, and Fred was emailing me back and forth from a wedding, to make sure it was NOT spiking on the shift. This is where you break things. You shift, and boost spikes, bringing in a TQ spike. They wanted to keep these under control.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Yes we refuse to show you guys pump numbers with a LPFP, and a JB4. Oh wait..... Look man, we have said it before, we will say it again. This unit may not be for everyone. We are trying to fill a niche in the market. Low cost, 500+WHP unit that is stock location, stock appearing with no core charges. If you wan to run it on 87OCT at 250WHP, or 525WHP on E85, that choice is yours. The turbo, can, and will do it, as we have proven. If that is not enough testing for you. Then we are sorry.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Post 2, and post 3 updated with all testing we have done in chronological order. Starting in the beginning, and moving foward. This puts everything in one easy place!

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Also if anyone is curious here is what we can call the 5 flavors of the VTT Stage 2 upgrade.

Brown = 91ACN/Piggy back tune LPFP only
Green = E30/Piggy back tune LPFP only
Yellow = UM Flash tune Single LPFP, 850CC PI injectors Tq Limited 30 PSI E70-E85
Blue = UM Flash Tune Twin LPFP's, 1300 CC Pi Injectors, 33 PSI Warm run E70-E85
Red = UM Flash Tune Twin LPFP's, 1300 CC Pi Injectors, 33 PSI cooled down run E70-E85

Attachments

• 5 Flavors of VTT Stage 2.jpg
    5 Flavors of VTT Stage 2.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
You may want to clarify fuel types on the Yellow, Blue and Red. It was full e85 right?

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I think people are missing the point that this is just a competitively priced option that should be more reliable than an IS38 and also produces better results than an IS38 but at the same time being a direct bolt on application. How much power you want to make is up to you, but you have to add on supporting mods to make that power aside from the turbo itself. So this turbo can make 500whp, but you need to have other items to support it. I think this is great!

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I think people are missing the point that this is just a competitively priced option that should be more reliable than an IS38 and also produces better results than an IS38 but at the same time being a direct bolt on application. How much power you want to make is up to you, but you have to add on supporting mods to make that power aside from the turbo itself. So this turbo can make 500whp, but you need to have other items to support it. I think this is great!
This is basically what we are doing in a nutshell. Solidly priced alternative to an IS38 that can support 500+WHP, and be more reliable. Win-Win

athos56

Ready to race!
Nice option! Thank you for your time testing and bringing all this data to the forum. Realistically, I'm only looking at the brown line, yet it may just be the cherry on top of my build. Only time will provide the last two pieces of the decision making process, FUNds and user reviews.