GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB1 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Ordered one!
Do I need the data cable to go between Map 0 and Map1?

As mentioned before the unit ships in map 1. To switch to map 0 you need the cable. What you can also do if you don't intend on getting the cable is put the stock plug back in place on Plug B and leave the JB1 side unplugged. This is the trigger sensor for the JB1 to work so if it see's no boost it will be inactive.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Running 1.8t JB1 Map 6 with below settings for over 6 months now. Has anyone had the feeling of there car not being as fast as originally when initially tuned? Could be me getting used to the "speed", but wondering if maybe my MAF needs to be cleaned?

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3.5
3500 4
4000 4.5
4500 5
5000 5
5500 5
6000 4.8
6500 4.5
7000 4.5

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Running 1.8t JB1 Map 6 with below settings for over 6 months now. Has anyone had the feeling of there car not being as fast as originally when initially tuned? Could be me getting used to the "speed", but wondering if maybe my MAF needs to be cleaned?

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3.5
3500 4
4000 4.5
4500 5
5000 5
5500 5
6000 4.8
6500 4.5
7000 4.5

There is no MAF. Time to upgrade to a JB4. You're just used to it

bimurtud

What is the highest boost on the top end and down low if I don't care about the clutch? Stock 1.8 on 93 octane. Something similar to map 2 on the jb4. I'm at 5.2 on the top and right now and it's just fine but it's not hot out yet either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What is the highest boost on the top end and down low if I don't care about the clutch? Stock 1.8 on 93 octane. Something similar to map 2 on the jb4. I'm at 5.2 on the top and right now and it's just fine but it's not hot out yet either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you are stock other than is12, about 16-17 peak boost around 3,900-4,300 range. You can turn up the lower setting more, but it will only spool so fast.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.
I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.
I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.
Sorry wrong section -> jb4

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

cuda2000

Car(s)
2017 Golf SW 4motion
I want to install is20 on my 1.8 golf sportwagen 4 motion. I have jb1 currently. Anyway to run is20 with jb1 or do I need to upgrade to jb4?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
You should really upgrade to a JB4. It's possible to run an IS20 with the JB1, but you will never get close to the potential of the IS20 and you will be comparatively tuning blind.

cuda2000

Car(s)
2017 Golf SW 4motion
Best Jb1 map 6 settings for 1.8 sportwagen 4motion?

I know most people upgraded to jb4 but I have first gen jb1 and I love the simplicity of it. I am running map 6 on 93 octane in the USA and it is awesome! No complaints. But is this optimal or too much boost? How do I figure it out? Logging? I have the data cable and a laptop. I started with map1 but these settings on map 6 are more powerful, again, I don't know if I'm hurting anything though?
93 Octane Jb1 map 6

1500 0*
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3.5
3500 4
4000 5
4500 5
5000 5
5500 5
6000 4.8
6500 4.5*
7000 4.5*

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I know most people upgraded to jb4 but I have first gen jb1 and I love the simplicity of it. I am running map 6 on 93 octane in the USA and it is awesome! No complaints. But is this optimal or too much boost? How do I figure it out? Logging? I have the data cable and a laptop. I started with map1 but these settings on map 6 are more powerful, again, I don't know if I'm hurting anything though?
93 Octane Jb1 map 6

1500 0*
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3.5
3500 4
4000 5
4500 5
5000 5
5500 5
6000 4.8
6500 4.5*
7000 4.5*

Are numbers for IS12 or IS20 per you first post? I was pushing about +5.6 PSI on IS12 and JB1 on 93 octane. On JB1, pushing the boost further than +5.3 only has diminishing returns. Only mixing a couple gallons of E85 will remedy this up to a certain extent because the IS12 is well out of it’s efficiency at that point. For the 1.8t and IS20, get the JB4 for proper fueling and AFR. Otherwise, it won’t be worth the upgrade (and is not recommended by BMS). JB4 is just as simple as the JB1 for the most part, except for the AFR tap and OBDII connector. Those are actually really simple too if you are used to working on cars. If you aren’t, then it should be easy to get someone to help.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Can we run another maps as George has mentioned on Gti threads and here's what George said:

Guys there are a few maps on the JB4 that we have kept silent up till now. Worth it for guys with aggressive settings to test them out first and put up some logs.

Map 3 is a map 2+ map with absolute values. Typically will boost 24psi with a taper to around 20.
Map 5 is a aggressive map to be used with E85 mix or race fuel on full bolt on cars.
Map 8 is the methanol map. The boost additive value is what gets added across the rpm range where 10=1psi, 40 is the starting recommended point for this and the boost will be added in proportion of meth flow. i.e no flow no boost add.

These maps are on all firmware later than 60/1/5

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can we run another maps as George has mentioned on Gti threads and here's what George said:

Guys there are a few maps on the JB4 that we have kept silent up till now. Worth it for guys with aggressive settings to test them out first and put up some logs.

Map 3 is a map 2+ map with absolute values. Typically will boost 24psi with a taper to around 20.
Map 5 is a aggressive map to be used with E85 mix or race fuel on full bolt on cars.
Map 8 is the methanol map. The boost additive value is what gets added across the rpm range where 10=1psi, 40 is the starting recommended point for this and the boost will be added in proportion of meth flow. i.e no flow no boost add.

These maps are on all firmware later than 60/1/5

Not on the JB1.

Slick99

Ready to race!