GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking sound from passenger rear window

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
So, when I'm moving hte window up or down, I get this sound that almost sounds like the tint or something is crinkling inside the door. I know that can't be it because I've already looked and the tint is still stuck onto the window as far as I can tell (no bubbles or air pockets anywhere.)

Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to take it into the dealer just to fix that unless its actually a problem. (we all know they always end up making something else worse in the process).

Anyone?

Peppino158

Just started for me today unfortunately. I'll take a look at this weekend and keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

phxvwking

Passed Driver's Ed
My drivers rear just started doing that last week. Only in the up direction tho.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
My window only does it on the up motion. The down is never a problem. I want to take the panel apart but don't want to bother if I have top replace a part. Would rather have the dealer do it under warranty.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Had this happen to both rear widows. Regulators replaced in both. They tried lubing then and that solved it for a few weeks, but eventually came back

steeltoe

My GTI started doing this, only in the down direction, only on the driver's rear door, on my THIRD DAY owning the car. Windows were not tinted yet. As a first-time VW owner, I was... not stoked. LOL.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Had this happen to both rear widows. Regulators replaced in both. They tried lubing then and that solved it for a few weeks, but eventually came back

This was also the solution for me. Happened on my 2016 Golf. Only when it was hot out and had been sitting in the sun.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
My driver's window has been doing that since day one. Sort of a faint thunk-thunk-thunk sound as the window goes down. No such noise going up. I'm not concerned about it, but if it gets louder I'll probably take it to the dealer.