GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Dogbone Insert

My '16 MK7 PP with 6sp manual is stage 1 APR. Threw in the 034 Motorsports Dogbone insert on Sunday. Super easy to do and took me longer to jack up the car then put in the insert. What a remarkable difference it made. Immediate reactions... no noticeable NVH in the cabin. Can tell something is different upon start up and starting to move in 1st gear (based on my butt-o-meter). If you didn't drive the car everyday, you probably wouldn't know what to look for. But when launching and downshifting definitely much crisper shifts with much less slop. Almost no wheel hop either. Over all impressions, best $45 mod I have done. Crisper, precise shifts and more connected to the road is A+ in my books!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 644

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
One of the best mods. I could tell the difference immediately as well. But don't remember what it felt like before since this car is my dd.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
How is APR Stage 1?
I'm manual too and I've been thinking about a map and mounts to support it but im worried about clutch life

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Love stage 1 APR. I’ve had it 6 months no issues. Biggest jump you’ll feel in power in terms mods. I have the high output version and do notice slight clutch slip in higher gears (5 and 6). Just have to remember to use lower gears when accelerating and perhaps downshift on freeway if you’re going to pass versus just stepping on it in 6th. The dogbone mount insert helped put the increased power down and made shifting so much crisper. Found that with the huge increase in power with the ECU flash, there was lots of wheel hop, traction control engagement, and just overall shift slop.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
It made a huge difference in my 6 speed manual. CTS mount under 40 shipped:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I use the dogbone along with the 034 motor and transmission mounts. Yes, I notice the initial kick when the starter engages, but that is it. That was my black Friday purchase as that is the only time of year they go on sale.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just Curious

Do those that have the 034/CTS alum inserts see them as permanent solutions or more of a less-investment-bandaids for the wheel hop issue/better feel?

I just can't decide between getting 034/CTS insert & e/t mount set or the HPA insert and with stock e/t mounts for now (upgrade to 034/CTS ones alter on).

$.01 for your thoughts.

Cheers

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
All aluminum dog bone inserts bend and or crack. Once they bend it’s like it’s back to stock.

Old news, welcome to the forum new comers. Get a polyurethane insert from BFI once and it’ll outlast the car. I have all three BFI mounts with 50k on them zero issues, same setup I had on my previous gti (mk6 last time around)

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
It creates a decent amount of NVH on the DSG. But it's only bad when starting on a hill, my steering wheel shakes and the trim starts to rattle a lot, but it's fine once you're moving.
^ Same. Nothing crazy though.

Unreal, are you tuned and still have nvh?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk