GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FAULT CODE P1102?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Can't find much info on this one.
Car drove fine to work yesterday but when I started it up to go home I had a steady CEL.
At first, I thought the car seemed sluggish from a dead stop. But as I drove it it seemed to go back to normal. I don't know...could all be in my head.
Anyway, I took it to Autozone and they pulled the codes:

P1102 and
P1102PD

I have a buddy here at work that has a Bluetooth dongle so hopefully we can find out some more info.
All I was able to find yesterday was something maybe relating to an O2 sensor?

Any opinions? Thoughts? Comments?

Car is totally stock (aside from an AFE Pro Dry filter) and just clicked over 36,000 miles last week.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Quick update:

Went out to the car and now it pulled up a 15394 fault code, which again I did not find much on, but it seems to point to a cam adjustment actuator in cyl. 1?

Probably just going to take it to the dealer later.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
So another update.
I ended up just clearing the codes since the car seemed to be running fine and I figured the CEL would come back if it was actually a problem.
Well about a month later (about a month ago now) it came back on so I took it to the dealer.
They had the car for the entire day and ended up telling me what I googled.
There were faults for the "cam shift actuator" and all they did was switch "csa" 1 with "csa" 2, and cleared the CEL.
The light came back on yesterday so I dropped it back off this morning and they told me they are going to have to keep the car for now and open up some sort of case or what not with VW since I don't think they know what is going on.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Definitely let them do that warranty thing. I wouldn't like any codes that related to "cam". Good thing your not tuned. Let us know what happens.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah bumper to bumper is gone but I still have powertrain.
But what was actually a nice surprise...I guess...is the fact that I found out I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car.
Totally forgot about it but found the paperwork while preparing tax things over the weekend. It covers the car through 6 years and 85,000 miles.

So it seems like worst case I will be out of my $100 deductible if this does not fall under powertrain, even though I imagine it would.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I've been around VW's a loooooong time and have had a few 2.0t's as well and I have never heard of this.
The only real symptoms were the CEL obviously, and like I previously stated the car felt sluggish, almost like there was no boost (but would feel fine once at about 2700+ RPM). This was also accompanied by a high idle at times.
Not all the time, but occasionally the cars idle would get hung around 1000-1200 RPM with clutch in or clutch out at a stop.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I've been around VW's a loooooong time and have had a few 2.0t's as well and I have never heard of this.
The only real symptoms were the CEL obviously, and like I previously stated the car felt sluggish, almost like there was no boost (but would feel fine once at about 2700+ RPM). This was also accompanied by a high idle at times.
Not all the time, but occasionally the cars idle would get hung around 1000-1200 RPM with clutch in or clutch out at a stop.

Is that just an electrical part, or an actual gear, or both? Just curious. Glad it's getting fixed for free. Could have caused bent valves etc, eventually, I guess. Good thing you were paying attention, and got prompt service. These little engines seem to be finicky...maybe like high-strung little race horses. This makes me nervous, sometimes. Now, you are too :D

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'll see if they can give me some more info on it.
I'm going to go pick it up later today.
It should have been done on Saturday but I have been out of town.