GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED switch to Xenon

pantsos

Ready to race!
Hey guys, 2 months ago I upgraded my headlights from reflectors to projectors.
I got the Ed’s replica golf R headlights. No complaints.
I don’t know why but I decided to go with the Morimoto 2stroke LED.

The performance is just ok, I wouldn’t say it sucks but it’s not super super bright.
My question is which hid kit is the best for my headlights?
Morimoto elite or Hylux? Any other suggestions? 5500K or 6000K.
35W or more?

As I said I don’t hate the 2stroke LEDs but I want more brightness.

Thanks

BTW I’m located in Canada

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
LEDs are bad for projectors - go with HID - much more light down the road and light - we have a custom set that many are running with great results:
http://deautokey.com/product/h7-hid...7-including-but-not-limited-helix-ed-s-spyder

These are bright error free plug and play:

darth_furious1

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want the most light output, go with a 4500k morimoto. I have those on my eds replica and they are very bright. No complaints from me about output. The eds replica has led drls that will look very bluish next to the 4500k. If you care more about cosmetics, I would get 5500k to get a closer match but not too bluish.

Between deautokey and morimoto, I prefer the morimoto on eds replicas. I have posts that show how they look on my car

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
When I had Eds lights, I liked using OEM Ballasts. I used Matsushita ballasts. I would think the Denso ballasts would also be a good choice. I had a number of issues with Morimoto, they always replaced under warranty, but I got tired of switching out ballasts. I also had noise on FM stations with weaker signals. The OEM ballasts are nicely shielded. For bulbs I prefer the OEM 4300K, and I like Phillips.

I eventually went VW OEM HID lights. Great ballasts and I use the stock 4300K Osrams.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
While we are mainly known for our error free plug and play LEDs, we have one of the thinnest and best HID ballast on the market.

We had a lot of emails of what other ballasts on the market act in the VW and we have never seen any of these issues with our HID ballast:
-ignites in cold/hot weather
-no relay required
-no radio interference
-thin easy to install profile

SIZE of ballast:
2.75 inches x 3.54 inches x .47 inches

SIZE of deck of cards for perspective:
2.25 inches × 3.5 inches x 1.5 inches