GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto switch/sensor WITH CH/LH function!

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Sooooo I was on Aliexpress looking for an auto headlight switch (as my Sport doesn't have auto headlights). I was saddened when reading that the coming home and leaving home light functions weren't supported with these aftermarket sensors, but I got over it.

BUT I found this: Link

Seems that it has a module that'll enable the CH/LH lights.. and there's some strange app that's also available with it but I'm not too interested in that.

Thoughts?

Jarbear

Ready to race!
I'll believe it when i see someone say it works. otherwise, why not pursue the correct sensor and do it that way? LINK

I've thought of it, but I'd need the trim pieces associated with it (that go above the mirror). Plus the coding and whatnot.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I contacted the seller a few weeks ago.

2 things: per seller, it won't work with the original switch (not sure why) and you need the app for the CH/LH to function. Right now there's only the Android app. iOS app coming soon.

I don't know how I feel about hardwiring the CH/LH module, scared that it might drain the battery. Would also be great if someone has it and can chime in regarding the quality of the module.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
That seems a lot more complicated than I originally thought it was

Yep, OEM route is a lot more work. The one you linked (same guy I pm'd) should be easier since it's an aftermarket work around. Just not sure of the quality and the reliance on the app to get it to work.

Hope someone makes a better aftermarket CH/LH module that doesn't rely on bluetooth/app connection. And hopefully something that doesn't require hardwiring.