GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
:eek:

Could you resize that picture down to 1000 x 1000 pixels max dims...as even on my widescreen HD 24" monitor I only saw half of it...
Sorry! Must have been because I took the pic and uploaded it using the Tapatalk app. Hate that it doesn't resize!

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Isn't there are setting in the camera part of the phone which will allow you to take the pictures at a reduce pixel size?...maybe remember to shoot at that setting?

But I do know what you mean..I resize all my stuff in photoshop before I upload....

You just got excited because you had finally completed all the under trays...:p

Now go for a drive & notice the difference of that rear tray when at high speed or around corners...:cool:
Yes I got too excited. This Sony phone shoots 24 megapixels on the back. Definitely need to time that down. Check the photo now. Should be much better - hosted on Imgur.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Corrected!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

RC Mad

Glad you got it all fitted ok & yes the Passat rear axle tray does the most work on the estate...really makes a huge difference to the stability..

Re the full engine undertray..I thought the diesels got the full cover "aero" tray fitted at factory & not the 1/2 cover tray as per petrol's?

Yep, i have the full aero cover. Going to fit the VW skid plate. Its cheap insurance against anything trying taking a lump out of the engine.:D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yep, i have the full aero cover. Going to fit the VW skid plate. Its cheap insurance against anything trying taking a lump out of the engine.:D

As I thought...& yes frozen lumps of ice, snow, god knows what, on some of our roads last week....:eek:

Skid plate ..smack down...what was that?...oh never mind...:D

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I have read the whole thing and the information in invaluable, I am going to order all the parts soon, however I am still not certain about one thing... how do I know if I have multi-link suspensions or the twisted-whatever other thing LOL?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
1.4 Golf. I'd guess you have torsion beam.

Wrong again...I have a 1.4lt petrol & multilink rear suspension....

Just look under the car & if its like mine as shown in the pics you have multi link...