GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit lines glove box on a 2018?

Mr. Abulia

Wheeeeeeeee!
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
I recently traded my trusty MKV for a 2018 MK7.5, and am very disappointed that the glove box is no longer lined but is now a cheap bit of moulded plastic. I’ve heard that the 2015s and 2016s came with the nicer lined glove boxes... does anyone know if this can be retrofitted as a straight swap, and, if so, whether I need the whole box or just the lid?

Thanks!

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Also interested in doing this. Does anyone know if it's a simple swap or you have to take apart the dash?

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Also interested in doing this. Does anyone know if it's a simple swap or you have to take apart the dash?

Super simple to remove, should be able to find a cabin filter DIY somewhere that covers most/all of it.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Super simple to remove, should be able to find a cabin filter DIY somewhere that covers most/all of it.

I've seen a couple of those videos but it just shows how the lid drops down but you cannot remove it.

You can see in this video:

2:43 there are hinges that need to be removed in order to take the lid out completely but no additional instructions.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
From what I remember, after detaching the little gear thing, I'm pretty sure the lid just takes some force to come off when it's in the fully lowered position.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Note that my MK7.5 has no lock so not sure where to find the non-locking version?