GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Window Cleaning

paddypool

Ready to race!
would like to know what people are using ?
I used a 50/50 mix of distilled water & IPA to clean the interior of windscreen yesterday. It gave a smear free crystal clear finish.

I also used it on interior of front door windows. However when they fog up a bit you can see every wipe mark.
PLUS, the factory suction cup marks can be seen on all windows when they fog NO matter what product i use on them.:rolleyes:

Anything out there, (even a homemade mixture) which will cut through those stubborn marks ?
A vinegar mixture ??

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I use white vinegar and distilled water, the factory sucker marks are impossible to remove but a new screen fixed that problem.:D

paddypool

Ready to race!
I use white vinegar and distilled water, the factory sucker marks are impossible to remove but a new screen fixed that problem.:D

gez, would've thought there would be some way of removing the sucker marks!
I wonder would panel wipe clean it? Maybe degreaser ?

Is the vinegar a smelly concoction ?

& do you use the mix on the outside glass?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Think the glass was actually distorted slightly from the factory suckers. Used everything to try to remove them.

I used alcohol pads and both sucker marks are gone now. Have you tried that?

nate704

Go Kart Champion
distilled water and plush microfiber towel wet and dry.
Dry MF towel inside all windows. no water or anything. Just try to remove anything with the dry one.
for the outside, use the distilled water, MF towel, and finish with the dry one until you see nothing

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Is this an oily product ?
Exact opposite. It's a polish and oil remover originally designed to prep a surface for CarPro Reload or CQuartz. It also happens to be the best damn glass cleaner I've ever used.

I just like buffing with a dry plush towel after using any glass cleaner on any glass. It's the key to no streaks in my book. Just make sure it isn't a linty towel, or you'll be there all day repeating the endless cycle haha.