GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Boosting

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
you do realize you can still get heat soak even with an upgraded IC...especially if you are hard on it constantly and frequently

Yes. I am aware. However, where I live the weather temp doesnt change much. Before, even with hot temps the car ran great and boosts were awesome.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Dealer had flashed me back to stock during a brake job. If you have brought it to the dealer verify your flash is truely still active.

Also getting Specified vs Actual boost would be two good ones to record. Then we can see if the car is requesting higher boost or its actually not getting to the requested amount.

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealer had flashed me back to stock during a brake job. If you have brought it to the dealer verify your flash is truely still active.

Dealer really helped you slow down that day :cool:

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!

I'm wondering if you're running catless and dealer flashed back to stock.. how did you not get a CEL for cat efficiency?
Are you running a spacer on the rear o2 sensor?

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
I still have the stage 2 file. I did more logs and the specified vs actual boost varies. Sometimes its as requested, but based on the info Revo gives, the boost is running low. So whatever its wrong, i think the ecu is trying to protect the engine.

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
What I dont understand is why the car runs and boosts just fine when engine is cool (overnight) after the second wot pull, the car begings to drop boost and if feels like the engine is forced down.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
It could be IATs? I check the logs and the overall logging resolution kinda sucks so you see multiple corrections in cylinders but that goes over a few hundred RPM. That would by my guess on why boost is getting cut. First run goes up fine and you see corrections happening then actual versus request off. The second log is closer. Request goes up as it spools then it matches it fine until you stop. 3rd is the same as the 1st run. You have almost -4° correction in all cylinders at ~5000rpm so boost is cut.

Tune is too aggressive for your fuel you're running. Throw in some corn if available